2007 Tahoe/suburban/avalanche

xfl
10+ year member

I have a 2007 Avanlanche and my alternator seems to be charging sometimes and not charging sometimes. I have taken it off and had it check and it checks out fine. My battery checks out fine as well. I was told that the alternator is controlled by the on board computer. I also have a bad problem with my battery being dead about once a month. I have changed batteries with no sucsess. I have herd of manyother people having this same problem. DOES ANYONE HAVE ANSWERS OF WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON???

I have a 2007 LTZ Avalanche

Thanks for any help.

i am about 99.9% sure it is not a problem with MY alternator. I have her dof many other people with LTZ tahoes suburbans and avalanches as well as silverado trucks having the same problem. i am looking for a solution so i can move on with my build. No sense in have a bunch of batteries if they are only going to get charger at 12.5 sometimes and 14.5 at other times.

My wifes 07 tahoe just randomly has dead batteries about once a month as well. I was thinking it might be time for a new battery, but it tested good...

Did Autozone test it for you?

I was having a similiar problem with my wife's car about a year ago. Autozone tested my battery and alternator and told me they were fine, of course I then took it to a real mechanic and found out the battery was dying and needed to be replaced. Replaced the battery and it's been fine ever since.

If the people working at Autozone/PepBoys/etc were really any good with cars, they'd be working as mechanics, not at a parts store.

Just my opinion.

i work at a battery and alternator shop and i have found nothing wrong with neither alternator or battery. I have herd rumors of all 2007 tahoes burbans and avalanches having this problem. I just havent herd of a solution yet.

once again my **** was dead this weeknd!! ugh this makes me so mad! i have noticed with my navigation that the disk spins even when the truck is off so i took the nav disk out and i am going to see if that is why it dies. Bc in theory my factory head unit was running thw whole time. But i have herd that GM knows about this problem but want do anything about it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.