2007 silverado!

Participant count
  • Participant list
i need help designing a box for 2 10" se's that will be under the seat of my 2007 silverado crew cab...i no this is hard but i need the best possible design. please help! and i need space to put my amp and capacitor! ah!
Yeah. I am in the middle of glassing in a box for my Dodge. It is a simple sealed box for two 10's. I had to build a frame to sit on top of the floor, and once those are complete I will glass in the tool pockets that dip down in the floor board. This is where the speakers will sit. All-in-all it was quite simple to build, so far.

The amps will sit behind the rear seat, all said and done.

Toss that capacitor!!!

it would be best if i could go ported probably but i have such a small place i doubt i would have room for that.
Yeah, I've heard of people building ported boxes in this application, but I have never heard anything good about the results. Not saying it hasn't been done, but I've never heard of it.

It would take a much better guy that me to pull it off.

Toss the cap. There are better ways to deliver that power to your amps. Search for threads about capacitors. You will be conviced in no time, the you need to install the "Big Three" and sell your cap to some chump.

Your seat may only fold up, but is there room behind it to install your amps and everything if you remove your seat all together. Then you can install the amps and re-install the seat. I'm lucky with the Dodge, in that the seat brackets can be modified to allow the seat to fold down (so I'm told).

So my advice to a guy in your position is to build a custom sealed, fibreglass box. Then install the Big Three, and you'll be laughing.

Don't forget to post lots of pictures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.