2007 silverado advice please!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Gtwrestler88
10+ year member

Oklahoma
Hey guys this is my first post on this forum hope im in the right thread!

So i have a 2007 Chevy Silverado single cab and am having some trouble finding a box to fit.. So any suggestions there would be nice.

Also trying to decide whether I should run 2 10's, 1 10 or 1 12 (not sure if i will have enough airspace for 12 to run well.) Im thinking of going with a solo l5 or l7 for singles and not sure about what I would run if I go with 2.

Amp wise I am thinking KICKER SX650 but im not sure if that will be throwing enough RMS my way to really hit.

And for head unit I am checking out this Legacy 7in lcd flip thing. (not sure about quality but it sounds like a decent set up for pretty cheap.) Dont have to have flip screen but if i am going to be spending 300+ on an in dash unit I would prefer it be flip.

Im looking to get a system that will hit hard enough to feel in your chest (you all know what im talking about) and clear enough not to sound all shitastic.

Let me know what yall think open to any and all suggestions. Will post pics once I buy everything.

Thanks!!

(also looking to keep price fairly low so please don’t suggest anything to outrageous)

If you are composite savvy... (fiberglass, carbon fiber, kevlar, foams, etc) you could make a really nice enclosure to fit against that back wall for a couple of 12's easy... amp will fit under either drivers or passengers seat.. (depending on size) i noticed on the last one i worked on that the rear carpet has a lot of "play" in it.. so you might even consider taking the carpet out and going to town... you might also try audio enhancers or probox for a prefab..

we dont sell prefabs so we would build for this application...

just my .02

Cory

-Thanks Cory Appriciate the advice. I've been known to do a little work with MDF however i was hoping to be able to avoid making it myself and just be able to find one somewhere, although it wont b too much of a problem to throw one together.

-What do you think about system wise? I do not know much about amps/subs however i do know that l5's amd l7's are supose to be pretty badass. What kind of RMS would I need to be getting from an amp to hit hard on 2 solo 10" l5s or l7s?

-Also any advice on a head unit? All stock atm

Well...one thing to consider when changing out the factory head unit of this truck is that this vehicle is a GM-LAN based vehicle.. There are important safety features tied in with your factory head unit that will not function when the radio is removed.. There are interfaces on the market the enable radio replacement but they are not exactly cheap.. You can try Peripheral or PAC for this interface. As far as your sub recommendations the L5 will require less power compared to the L7 so it depends on your budget for an amplifer.. I recommend and amp that will provide no less than the rms power.. so if both subs are say 500 watt rms..you will need a 1000 watt amp... hope this has helped

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.