2007 Malibu: No RCA jacks on factory deck

Participant count
  • Participant list

mrb3rry

I got a 2007 Malibu. Got a nice Alpine system to put in it. Normally, I replace the factory deck with an aftermarket cd player. But this factory deck has alot of settings in it. So I dont know what to do. I have an adapter to wire in to the speaker wires to get rca jacks. But front or rear speaker wires? And how can I control the subwoofer. Typically, its in the aftermarket deck. So, get a boost control knob, or will I be able to adjust it from factory deck? I dunno, its all new to me? Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Well in that type of vehicle sticking with factory isnt a bad idea because you have to use that expensive wiring harness. As far as that LOC for RCA is concerned I would tie into the front speaker wires, that way if you fade to the front, you still have bass. Secondly, the only real way to control the "bass boost" is through a bass knob, although some factory units have a bass level control built into them...there might be a button on the unit that has a musical note on it or says audio or something like that

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.