2004 Honda Civic SI Type R -- Budget Wall Build

It will break in and play lower.. But nothing noticeable.. Couple hz at best.. What is your box size before any displacements and what is your port surface area and length?
Box size is 10 cubes after displacements. Not sure on before since Mark from CAF designed it for me. Port length is 20.5 inches with a cross area of 112in^2, tuned at 32hz. If it's not going to be noticeable, than I'm pretty disappointed tbh. My two 12" cvxs hit lower than these 15's... Although the box for the 12's I had was tuned at 30hz. Could it really make THAT much of a difference? I miss my lows. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Edit: Could it by chance be anything to do with my LPF or Subsonic filter? I have my LPF set around 50-60hz I think? Can't remember; I'll check tomorrow. The Subsonic filter is set pretty much as low as it can go if I remember correctly. Not even sure what the subsonic filter is actually used for to begin with.

Even more edit: Learned up on SS filters and figured out that I should set my SS filter at 24hz (half an octave lower than 32hz, yes?). I think I'm still happy with my LPF set around 60hz. May bring it up to 70 and see how that sounds.

Im sure you are aware, but if not... Turning your low pass filter higher to 70 or 80 will result in more higher frequency bass to to be played... Not lower bass notes like 30.

I've built a few walls and currently still have one, one thing you have to remember about a wall vs a couple 12's in the back of a Honda civic is the wall doesn't have anything to load off of as where the 12's in a civic have a bunch of possible loading surfaces.

Its common for people to think if you throw a couple woofers in a wall right behind you it will be loud as fvck. Some people are lucky, and some people are good. Most times the results end with a rebuild.

The box does seem like it should work, my wall for two 15's is 10.5 cubes minus displacement, port is just over 200 sqin and 6" long. Sitting at 153.5 with one amp.. I know I'm tuned a lot higher then you though, about 55/60 hz

Haven't been to up to date on pictures for this thread, so here's some more!

Resin all up in the inside!

i8SIos4.jpg

Piecing it all together a bit more.

mrEVE6V.jpg

Bondo on the 45's because there were some gaps...

UMHjcU8.jpg

Some temporary grounds.

WrBAwaJ.jpg

Box is all bolted down!

XQ4hNib.jpg

wRQo0n1.jpg

Getting ready to wire up dem subs!

fC57Wio.jpg

Box is IN! Took a lot of work to make it fit.

VYWkBpg.jpg

UB7JfUv.jpg

h3d2Ckx.jpg

My deck decided to quit working on me a couple days back, so I ended up getting this guy.

oNmh7HM.jpg

Turning the box more in to a 'wall'.

7lAJMU4.jpg

JfT5y3W.jpg

And of course... Going all out with the foam!

DPetGbM.jpg

I will paint it all and try and finish it up sometime next week. It works plenty fine for now! Just not the prettiest at the moment.

Looks good just cover it with carpet or fabric will look so much better painting mdf looks like asssss
Good to know. Maybe I could cover it with some shag rug? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Bringin' back the 80's! Jk lol. I think.

Looking good.but i gotta ask, I know they're are wall builders and then box builders but with such a nice hatchback and all sorts of space did you ever consider a flat box?for a daily driver I need all my windows

That shifter location is f'n retarded.

Everything else looks good though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Looking good.but i gotta ask, I know they're are wall builders and then box builders but with such a nice hatchback and all sorts of space did you ever consider a flat box?for a daily driver I need all my windows
I had multiple regular ported boxes for a year or two in my car. Decided to go to the extremes and try for a wall since I plan on staying in the car audio niche for a while. Just depends on how much you love car audio/competitions/music etc.

That shifter location is f'n retarded.
Everything else looks good though. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif
Thanks man! I kind of like the odd location of the shifter. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

what a load of horse shit... maybe if you weren't lazy or incapable of painting. This was done with a spray can..... http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-reference-database/491797-how-paint-wood-mdf-high-gloss-mirror-finish-spray-can.html
Yes i know how to paint wood...i used to paint resto work ..i know diff surfaces.not everyone does ..i was just stating that 90% of ppl who paint mdf dont take the time to prep the surface and it ends up looking like *** as well as covering with carpet looks better amd is alot more forgiving and less time consuming covering a big flat wall

Love the build so far, quick question tho, you said you had a 140amp alt? did you just bypass the ELD in the fuse pannel? Also where did you get the alt? I have an ep3 as well, which is why im asking.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.