2004 Honda Civic SI Type R -- Budget Wall Build

You could have wired that backup camera to an ignition switched source so that it turns on when you start you car. The switch works too of course
Didn't even think of that. When it comes to electrical wiring... I honestly **** at it. I'm slowly learning though!

@Insomnia; looks fun cant wait to see how it turns out ..good luck
Thanks! Very excited for tomorrow! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Few more hours until I'm making the first trip to home depot to start the wall! Think it's possible to finish the wall in a single day? Maybe minus the outer baffle with the weird curves? That would be my goal for tomorrow... But I highly doubt I'll make it that far.

Didn't even think of that. When it comes to electrical wiring... I honestly **** at it. I'm slowly learning though!

Thanks! Very excited for tomorrow! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
12 volt car wiring is all pretty easy to get a grasp of. check out basic car audio electronics.com if you'd like to learn a lot. In for seeing how your building goes tomorrow man

Today was fairly successful I suppose. Made decent progress, but not near as much progress as some of your professional box builders would have made. Basically ended up cutting all the pieces (asides from the wood pieces that will fill in the gaps as closely as possible), and test fitting inside of the car. Definitely fits snug like a bug in a rug! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif In fact, it sits in there so snug that I was able to drive home from my parents house back to my place without it imprinting me on to the windshield of my car! Was a good 20-25 minute drive. Driving hazard... I know, I know.

On Monday, I plan on cutting out the holes, port and permanently fixating (bolting, gluing, screwing, etc) it inside of my car. Hopefully... just hopefully... subs and wiring can be done that day too. But I won't get my hopes up.

Friday and Saturday of next week I plan on filling in the sides with wood and then spray foaming the sides to make sure it's got a nice seal all the way around. Also will finish any wiring that isn't done, and maybe paint the back and front wall of the box. That's not a big priority of mine however.

Will post pics tomorrow night after work! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Well I know I'm late on the pictures, but better late than never right?

IJKKtLV.jpg

Got all the cuts done that were over 6 inches. Everything else under that we had to cut ourselves. Not bad!

lWhHLnC.jpg

QXW1GT4.jpg

Was more expensive than I thought...

2TA6bfO.jpg

Let's just say driving home like this was definitely a driving hazard while the long piece of MDF kept falling on to my steering wheel.

MNkuJCM.jpg

Thanks for the help Jared!

fVFnTkH.jpg

NdEw2Hy.jpg

"This is gonna be too loud" he said...

SBEs8Qj.jpg

Still have tons of trunk space! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsup.gif.3287b36ca96645a13a43aff531f37f02.gif

CqeA5v5.jpg

Sanding those edges to perfection.

c8ZSjwF.jpg

The side walls.

xmq7i8n.jpg

The floor.

3heQk55.jpg

Bolting it down for safety!

hJtwqa1.jpg

Looks nifty!

tzo3VfJ.jpg

loooks good man, can wait to see more of this thing
Finishing it all up today! I don't see why I wouldn't be able to finish today. May not be able to fit in the sides where the box sits or seal up all the gaps but I should at least have the box inside of there all wired up. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

so...whatcha going to do about all that weight in the back?going to sag a little...
I have no idea what you're talking about. Feels like my suspension got an upgrade to me...

I kid. The suspension definitely can't be healthy on my car with that box inside of there. Definitely didn't account for that or think it would be that big of a deal. It could be worse though, I suppose.

definately need a custom heavy duty suspension for that, or maybe even get coilovers and keep it raised and put it on full stiffness... but idk how you can drive like that without being able to see out of your rearview window lol i constantly look through my rearview window every couple of seconds i drive to see whos behind me and whatnot. and also how are you going to reverse when you need to without seeing? you got a rearview camera?

definately need a custom heavy duty suspension for that, or maybe even get coilovers and keep it raised and put it on full stiffness... but idk how you can drive like that without being able to see out of your rearview window lol i constantly look through my rearview window every couple of seconds i drive to see whos behind me and whatnot. and also how are you going to reverse when you need to without seeing? you got a rearview camera?
Indeed I do have a camera. Check the 2nd page. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Sad to say, but I won't be able to afford an upgrade on my suspension for quite a long time.

Thanks for the comments guys! Got it finished! At least the 'box' that is. Still need to fill in the gaps and seal it all up, butttttt, that will have to be done another day. Possibily tomorrow if I have time!

Definitely sounds loud, and to the ear it sounds like it's breaking 150, but I could be wrong. I've only been to a couple comps so my ear isn't as well trained as some of you guys. My last setup did 144.5 in the kick, and this sounds considerably louder. We'll see when I get it metered! Whenever that will be...

Also, this may or may not be a stupid question. As far as I know, the whole 'break in' sha-bang isn't necessarily true, but I'm hoping when the surround loosens up a little, and if it does, it will play lower? Because right now it's killing the highs (40hz+) but is extremely lacking on the lows (anything under 33hz). What's up with that? Will it start to play lower and lower and they 'break in'?

Pics will be up tomorrow!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.