2004 Civic Setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

kramm

Hello I am brand new to car audio and this forum. I own a 2004 honda civic, and I want to put in a new headunit, two front speakers, and a single 10 or 12' subwoofer in the car. My main question is what type of Amp do I need to get. I have heard that I may even need two amps? I am relativity on a budget, and will be doing all installation on my own. So far I have my headunit as the Kenwood KDC-BT568U and the front speakers as the JVC CS-DR620. If someone could please educate me on the optimal amp setup, as far as quantity and channels, that would be great.

Thanks.

Hello I am brand new to car audio and this forum. I own a 2004 honda civic, and I want to put in a new headunit, two front speakers, and a single 10 or 12' subwoofer in the car. My main question is what type of Amp do I need to get. I have heard that I may even need two amps? I am relativity on a budget, and will be doing all installation on my own. So far I have my headunit as the Kenwood KDC-BT568U and the front speakers as the JVC CS-DR620. If someone could please educate me on the optimal amp setup, as far as quantity and channels, that would be great.Thanks.
if u gonna just power 2 speakers with amp and run rears with hu then u can get 4 channel amp (like a ppi 900.4 lots of peeps run those here) and bridge rear 2 channels to a 4ohm svc or d2 sub.. if u want more power to sub get mono amp for a d4 or d2 ohm sub wired to 2 or 1 ohm.. depends how much $ u want to spend.. if u don't have those speakers yet hold off i'm sure other will advise u to get something else, idk the hu i have kenwood x301 it's great, so if yours doesn't have 5v preouts and u haven't bought it yet look at mine

this lil guy should suit your needs

https://www.amazon.com/Taramps-HS2000X3-Class-1X1600W-Amplifier/dp/B00O2WI1DK/ref=sr_1_7?s=car&ie=UTF8&qid=1502327289&sr=1-7&refinements=p_n_feature_keywords_six_browse-bin%3A7933266011

get a dual 4 ohm sub in a ported box and some decent front speakers and youll be off to the races.

Some Civics of that generation have seperate mids and tweets, some are just with the 6.5 door speakers, either way the door speakers will be 6.5s. Now, the brand and model of speakers and subs will be up to much debate, as will the amp and there is a headspinning number of ways you can get all this done. To get the best sound, youre going to want to do whats called an "active crossover" setup on your front stage which will require a 4 channel amp and rule out the one i suggested making it pretty much necessary to run 2 amps, and thats provided that you have the seperate tweeter pods or are willing to go thru the trouble of mounting tweeters separately if you dont.

Before i get ahead of myself and likely add a serious amount of confusion here, we need to know (since youre admittedly new) how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?

Whats your approximate budget?

What model of Civic do you have? (ex, lx, dx etc etc)

how much trunk room are you willing to give up for your subs?

How loud do you want to get?

Are you going to be doing this yourself? (will make a big difference in your budget, unless you have friends that can help)

whats the color of the sky?

What kind of music do you mainly listen to?

Do you want a DIN or double DIN radio?

What is the square root of pi?

omg sky and pi Q's i love it man but i think u need to lay off what u smoking today..
IM HIGH ON LIFE BRUH!!!! Yeah, i honestly dont know whats gotten into me today, this is more akin to who i really am tho. Random and a bit weird while trying to be helpful. Lets see if the randomness scared the OP off.

I think that at this point I am going to run the dual amp setup. That'll give me more time to shape the setup as I move along. I will start with the two speakers and a dual channel amp and go from there. I am probably going to go with a 12 or 15 inch single sub to provide the extra boost I need while still saving some trunk space. Thanks for all the help.

I think that at this point I am going to run the dual amp setup. That'll give me more time to shape the setup as I move along. I will start with the two speakers and a dual channel amp and go from there. I am probably going to go with a 12 or 15 inch single sub to provide the extra boost I need while still saving some trunk space. Thanks for all the help.
you gonna run seperates for tweets and mids in the doors?

and despite the goofy joking nature of 2 of my above questions, the other ones are very legit and will help us give you guidance on what you can do. A realistic budget will also help us out a ton

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.