2003 Tiburon build.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Catbug

Catbug
Hey guys this is my first car audio build. Starting with sound deadening the doors and then will move on to the floor and trunk are when my cables come in. This car will take me some time to do since it's my DD and I work a lot. Should keep me busy though.

door with nothing on it

DSC_0039_zpsm1gryctd.jpg

I decided to try to cover up the holes in the door but still be able to have access to them if I ever need to work on the inner door. On the other door the hole I cut out worked well for the door cables but didn't work out like I wanted on this side unfortunately.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a219/voltronhellmount/DSC_0041_zpsm7scck40.jpg

then took out the carpet and all the panels. I found some rust does anyone have a good idea of what to do about it. I also found out that there is a good amount of factory sound deadening in the car already. Should I put more sound deadening over it or should I leave the floor alone for the most part?

DSC_0072_zpszwdgchpk.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

DSC_0069_zpsnqrv9i76.jpg

is the rusted panel painted and an exterior panel? if not, id ensure its not a structurally important piece and id sand the absolute **** out of it and get every last bit of rust off then paint over it with black paint and then put some of that shiny AC tape on it.

rust *****, get rid of ALL of it from that metal or it will continue lol

It is on the interior but not on something that is supporting a lot of weight. I was thinking of wire wheeling it down and paining over it with some auto frame paint. I'll put some of that AC tape on it. Thanks for the tip!

I got my big three installed yesterday big thanks to mylows10 for making the cables up for me they worked great. I used oem looking loom on the cables to keep everything looking stock and neat in the engine bay. My next step is to fix the rust and get the floor deadened and run the rest of the cables and then figure out amp placement.

is the rusted panel painted and an exterior panel? if not, id ensure its not a structurally important piece and id sand the absolute **** out of it and get every last bit of rust off then paint over it with black paint and then put some of that shiny AC tape on it.
rust *****, get rid of ALL of it from that metal or it will continue lol
what kind of shitt is that.

grind the rust off and buy some por-15 its not cheap but the best out there.

it will convert the rust to a paint able surface .

but you can just leave it with the por-15 .

stuff is great.

Thanks for the advice I already went and wire wheeled the crap out of the rust and painted it. Worked out well.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

Sorry no photos today but I did get my front door speaker wire through. There was this big square harness that wouldn't let me just pull the wire through and it was in a really tight spot so I ended up having to remove the door to get at it and open up a space right under it so I could route the wire through the factory boot still. Took a while but I eventually got it and I cant see the wires so I'm happy with it. I also installed my inline fuse on my zero gauge wire today. Something I though would maybe take ten minutes at the most was a lot more of a pita then I thought it would be. I also got my 6.5 into the factory 6x9 speaker area for my rears so I was pretty happy about that.

I got all the wires ran today and got the interior back together accept for the trunk. I'm still trying to decide if I want to put the amps on the floor or the rear seats since the seats have this weird plastic type backing to them. I can't tell you how happy I am to have the interior back together though the car should be much quieter now with all the deadening and the floor back in. We will see. I was able to repair all my tweeters as well so that was cool and I mounted the rear cross overs in the rear fenders so hopefully I wont need to get at them to much.

DSC_0089_zpsg6bvgzfx.jpg

DSC_0088_zpsvtxigswj.jpg

DSC_0087_zpsotvbc9mu.jpg

IMG_20150719_1517095071_zpsmttjarit.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.