2003 Tiburon build.

Participant count
  • Participant list
Little update and a mess up... I'm still waiting on parts to come in to get things rolling but I knew I would have to modify my oem tweeter mount to fit the larger tweeter I have. So I decided I would practice on one that I was going to replace anyway. I got out my dremel to make the hole larger. I did get the new tweeter to fit but when I called the dealership to get a replacement since all the pieces that snap into the door broke I found out they are 400.00 a piece! That is just crazy it's a small piece of plastic. So I will probably be looking into making some fiber glass ones. Or mounting them in a different place.

I got my head unit in today and was hoping to get my speakers up and going but found out that a channel on my amp:( ***** so i'm not sure if i'm going to send it out for repair or buy a different one.

Today I took my door off to run one small wire for the tweeter haha. In order to get in the small space to run the wire to door had to go. Yeah I know sounds stupid and it is but that is what had to happen. I got it though and decided to put my crossover inside the door since the panel doesn't leave me much space to mount it there sadly. I didn't have another person with me so I ended up using a floor jack to hold the door up and let it rest on the floor while I ran the wires.

DSC_0091_zpszr2qbvkk.jpg

DSC_0090_zps4wlrglko.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.