2001 pathfinder problem

Participant count
  • Participant list

maniax43
10+ year member

1998 Taco
I have a 2001 Nissan Pathfinder LE with a 3.5. Lately when i go to get in it and go somewhere when i hit the gas it doesnt really move it kinda feels like it wants to die. About a little less than a second later it jumps to like 4k rpms and takes off. I dont know if the cables might just be frozen or stuck because of the horrible weather were having or what. If anyone has any idea what it could be or give me some suggestions to try and figure out what might be causing it would really help me.

Sounds like it may either be your throttle cable, MAF sensor or possibly the distributor. Try cleaning the sensor and also pull the throttle cable where it connects to the throttle body and see if it moves well.

no it doesnt stick it pushes easy its just sometimes it doesnt have a response. then all of a sudden it will jump to like 4k rpms and take off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.