How much do you think this would cost

Participant count
  • Participant list

ThatChevyGuy
5,000+ posts

sue me, its a ford.
Georgia
I got a real bad squeak on the right front of my mountaineer. I traced it to the lower control arm bushing and the tie rod end bushing going to the spindle. How much do you think it would it cost to get these replaced in a shop? I dont have any tools to do it myself.

I could take it to the High school auto shop, and get it done for parts $$ only but i dont want kids touchin my ****. I remember how dumb some of those kids were. Lol

Prices vary by area, i'm in Alabama, it's not a very expensive job at most local alignment/tire shops. It was $135 for the drivers side of my F150.

ok guys i took my time and fixed it myself.

It took me 5 hours, but i was taking breaks for beer, and etc.

Had to replace the bushings on the lower control arm and the tie rod end.

$50 for everything. That includes a six pack and sonic dollar menu. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.