2001 F150 Supercrew First Nice Build!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

screwgreen
10+ year member

MS
Okay, hey everyone, Im 16 and I have a 2001 f150 Supercrew 4x4. Me and a buddy built a decent budget system but like everyone else, I am always left wanting more. Right now I have 4gauge wire throughout (probably actually 6gauge), 2 Memphis pr10's dual 4ohm, Cadence CWM-6KIT, Pioneer 3200ub headunit, and Kenwood 7204 amp. The subs were 250wattsrms so we bridged the amp to give them 500watts rms at 4ohms. I know these numbers are probably not actual ratings because I have not done the BIG 3 and kenwood amps aren't the best at doing rated. The headunit is powering the Cadence components. Subs are in a downfire box under rear seat that is around 1.1to 1.2 cuft. I am wanting to build a good system. I am wanting to upgrade slowly like this: buy good amp that does 500watts at 4ohms and run it until i get better subs then drop impedance on it down to 1 ohm to do around 1200-1500rms at 1 ohm. Then get speakers that have GOOD MIDBASSSSSS (mine dont) and a n amp to power them, then knuconceptz 0gauge throughout with the BIG 3. Enough talk, here are pics. FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND PUT IN YOUR .02cents!! More pics upon request.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

stock

Mytruck.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

After most audio, lift, bigger tires, SCT Xcal 3 and mucch other things

105_0977.jpg

102_0928.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

After wheels, new tires, components, and much other things

2011-04-03115016.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 PM ----------

how she sets today

2011-06-03142231-picsay.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good lookin truck.......look into JBL 804 8" subs....work great small enclosure....you could do 4 sealed in the space you have available. You could run 1k to them at 1 ohm and have some jam......

Components, keep an eye out here, caco, diyma, csco, etc to find a good deal on some. Same with the amps.....search around and buy good used for better than new.

oh btw I am about to build a new box that will be forward fire and I am thinking about going with 2 good 10 inch subs that I can go sealed with in about 1.7cubes or 2 sa 8's at 32-34hz at 1.5cubes after displacement and maybe an mbquart onyx, or candence amp. Would this be louder than my current setup?

seal your doors thats why. all comps i have ran ****** at midbass till i sealed the doors. but no subs at the moment have ran plenty though.. skars, AQ, DC's, Alpines, Sundowns

Ive heard alot from the silver flutes, anyone have anything to say about them. BTW I have no clue about door deadening. Can yall give me some tips on deadening

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.