2000 honda accord ex speakers upgrade!

sam1233

Hi all,

I just want to upgrade my stock speakers(coz u know the reason..it *****) Right now i want to just to use stock HU. I dont want to modify any of the system. So components are ruled out.

I found out that the depth for front mount for this honda accord is 2".

I dont want any LOUD music, just want a soft clear crisp audio with lot of details. May be later I will upgrade to the best HU.

After doing some R&D i have found Pioneer's top of the model

Rev d160R (6.5")

Rev d690r (6X9) , both from etronics.

will do the best for my stock speakers, giving a crisp clear soft music because it uses polyester soft dome tweeters, so it is not that harsh.

I thought about CDT CL-6X from thezeb. but its only for rear fill, but i dont think its a good one for front speakers.

I dont want infinity references, I dint like it, it just sounds as good as a pioneer.

I dont want to spend more than $250 for two pair of speakers.

What you guys think, can you please give me any suggestions about different brand speakers. I want to get the best for the bucks.

Thank you,

Sam.

Well I really like the reference line of coaxials. I did not see a big worthwhile difference between those and the kappas. As far as polks the MoMo's are top of the line I believe, but honestly I never heard one of them I truly couldn't live with. The biggest improvement is after you amp the speakers, but you should be satisfied with the stock deck power. With an aftermarket deck you will most likely get almost double the power, about 20 rms compared to your stock which is probably around 8.

Have any one used Pioneer Rev speakers? If yes how that sounds

Nosa, do you think inf reference is better than this pioneer's top of the model? mm i listened to reference series, its kinda harsh.

Even somebody from this forums suggested Eclipse SE8363 is the best with nice bass and clear crips audio than pioneer or infinity. I dont know how good it will be.

I have no heard pioneers top of the line, but all their previous speakers' bass response is miserable. I'm sorry, i was referring to the older references, I have not heard the new coaxials, I have a set of the components and yes they are harsh, they stopped using silk tweeters. I have a pair of the older reference 6x9's and actually like the quite a bit for their cost of like 45 bucks off ebay.

any infinity spks r good imo.

n i dont know man, but the stock accord ex spks r pretty good. either somethin is blown in urs or something, but my stock spks r great. been usin them for a while too.

i mean u 'll get better sound from aftermarket spks, but compared to other stock spks the accord's exs r nice.

I agree that these stock speakers seem to be good COMPARED to other stock ones. BUT I want to upgrade to better speaker to get more midrange, highs and lows. I just want to test with aftermarket speakers with stock HU. If it sounds ok i will keep it otherwise my next step is to upgrade the HU.

I narrowed it down to these speakers for the accord.

The best seamless fit for Honda accord 2000 ex with out modification of underlying plastic basket should be

POLK AUDIO db650 (THE BEST SLIM SPEAKER WHICH CAN FIT IN ANY CAR INLCUDING HONDA ACCORD, WITH QUALITY EQUIVALENT TO INFINITY AND HIGHER ENDS SPEAKERS )

Rear would be,

either JBL GTO 9306

or POLK db690

Honda stock HU

This is my planned setup.

what u guys think, Thanks..

Where to buy POLK Audio's

There are very less discount online stores for POLK. I dont know why Etronics,Autotoys dont carry them..

db650 goes for $99 almost every where including my local circuit city. I couldnt find anything cheaper than that.

Where would u get POLK audios at a discounted price.

well, i beleive sounddomain carries them. just have them price match somehintg.

i recommend infinity, the reference series should fit w/o any mods. n they sound better than the db series. trust me i listen to them everyday.

Ive got the polyglass 6.5s and they have a titanium tweeter. Im powering them with 85 RMS a piece and i PERSONALLY feel that the tweeter isnt too harsh, i absolutely love it. Mine came with the TN45 tweeter, what do the polykevlars use, TN47?

i m pickin up a set of polyglass tom hopefully. they are awesome spks, heard them before n i was amazed.

and do you guys know this thread is like 2 months old? make a new thread or something

I know you're on a budget, but I really would look into upgrading that headunit. It makes a big difference. I'm not familiar with the 2000 Accord unit but I know that most stock units **** major a ss. You'd be surprised at the difference it makes. Plus you won't reach the full potential of your speakers if you're lacking other parts of the system (headunit, amp, etc...)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.