2000 Grand Prix Install??

Jdg784
10+ year member

Yep..I'm God
Alright, well tommorow I'll be helping my friend install his new system. Just wondering if anyone had any good sites about Grand Prix installs, or any hints/quirks I should know about. He's putting in an audiobahn A3201Q that pushes 420 watts x 2 @ 2 ohms running to 2 ABB102Q's that handle 600 rms each. ..wait scratch that..after talking to him I am not sure. I thought that ABB102Q was the sub model #, apparently its the # for the "2-10inch subs in a sealed box". Anyone know the power handling on them? It says 600 rms on all the sites..but I'm note sure if that's the two of them together..or what.

Originally posted by Jdg784 while although nice..and cool..not too helpful ;-)
I just showed that one because I have it bookmarked as one of my favorite installs and it's just filled with great ideas. That is the kind of ride I want.

I would say the specs for that box should be for both subs unless someone wants to correct me.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

HMm, thanks man..anyone know a good site that's got info on taking out the head unit on a GP? Heard it's a pain in the ass..

Bah, its easy to take out.

http://www.installdr.com or whatever the site is may have something on it.

Talk to anyone with an aftermarket system from Sounddomain and they should be more than willing to help you along your adventure.

- Steve:)

Thanks, but checked installdr...there's no Grand Prix on there. I figure it won't be too hard (haven't actually looked at it yet) but was just kinda hoping to find a diagram. Oh well

i have a 97 grand prix im sure its pretty close tio the same and if you how its very easy to remove just grab the dash and pull it has clipped metal attachments on the back they snap in and out after that three screws and the head unit is out you can make it very deep by just cuting some plastic behind there if you need to

grandprix.net is a very good site with lots of info and stuff for the car

thanks guys..any verification on whether its 600 rms per sub..or for the pair? He's wanting to run at 2ohms..which his amp puts out 420x2 ..most likely under-rated. I'll probably just wire it up for 4ohm the first time.

I'd go 4 ohms if ur doin it 2morrow and then research on the power handling on the side. My friends got the same box with subs combo and he ran 2 ohms on an alpine amp. Mot sure of the amp model #, but it was pretty loud for that stuff.

I went ahead and wired it for 4 ohms..but I'm having some problems getting the **** dash all the way off..I went ahead and did all the wiring w/the dash partway off, but I need to pull it all the way off so I can find the clips. (Some of them managed to fall into the holes). Any particular way I am supposed to be taking it off? it's stuck on the left side of the steering wheel.

Ahaha! got it, installation done!...thumps pretty **** good for 2 10's. The dash is missing a few clips now..but those can be replaced :-D

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.