2 sundown z 12's on crossfire cd1700

The 1700 clamped in my ride was good for 3186 watts at .35 rising to .9 clamped with fluke rms multimeters and to this day my favorite power output to size amp I have used so...

Almost 3k wow so if any doubt run .5 ohm load and it will slam 1000wAtt rms subs ? Do it daily stay cool ? Power to expect at 1 ohm ?
I ran mine strapped at .35 no problems at all and at .5 expect 2000 to 2500 watts and mine ran ice cold never thermaled once but 1 ohm power I never clamped but I would guesstimate 1500 to 2000 watts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

On the off chance something did ever happen crossfire is here in texas so shipping is cheap and fast and if you buy it new and call roger he will make sure its covered under warranty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I used a AQ2200D (roughly the same power as the crossfire) on a pair of Powerbass 3XL 15's for several years until i recently sold my 'burban..AQ is good stuff too. I guess what I am saying is you would not go wrong with most of the subs mentioned here so far, like these:Incriminator Audio Death Row 12" Subwoofer - Vertex Audio

American Bass XFL1244

DC Audio - Level 4

Havoc 12

ICON 12 Sound Solutions Audio 12" 1250W ICON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

SSD12 - Fi Car Audio Store

and don't forget the Customs from hispls, SPLaudio, g6ryder, and Alan Hall(Tantric Sounds)
Well got pricing from dc vendor but he said i would greatly underpower those dc lvl4 subs they are 1450rms now im confuzzled cause i got people telling me this amp will do almost 3k at .5

Well got pricing from dc vendor but he said i would greatly underpower those dc lvl4 subs they are 1450rms now im confuzzled cause i got people telling me this amp will do almost 3k at .5
lemme guess, he wants to sell you an amp too..lol..f'n jerkoffs.. If the LVL4's are so stiff necked that 1k+ rms will not work on them, I would not want the dang things, prolly sound like crap anyways. Sounds like someone is feeding you a line of BS, which would probably mean you should watch out for that dude. you need some 1k rms subs. The Fi SSD is one of the cheapest in that power category at $200 ea. Heard anything back from DAD?

not yet havent heard back but waiting :p The dcs seem to be decent subs that can move some air and from what i see id be throwing alot more power on them than most youtube newbs using 1500 hifonics and such with a underated crossfire . oh and the price was right on those lvl4's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif oh and he didnt try to sell me an amp just said that i shoudl get the level 3's instead becasue i would underpower the lvl4's . hard to believe they wouldnt get down on at leaste 1krms each

I see..my bad...lol Where did you find a tx dealer? The DC's are underrated like the 600 w SA subs running on 900w daily ea, so yeah, guess the LVL 3 would be the better choice for 1-1.5k rms ea. I see ppl running 2k+ on the lvl 4's daily.

you want the sub that is going to utilize the power you have the best..if a 900 watt sub is in it's comfort zone at 1500watts and a 1500w sub is in it's comfort zone at 2000w, and you only have 3k, go with the 900w subs...I just figured you found someone trying to bad mouth your choice of amp and sell you a cheaper sub and amp...but I do see the logic on the wall in what the DC rep said.

yeah makes sence unless i half ohm the amp or something prolly the lvl 3's . well i found a dealer on here mylows outa CA
mylows10 is allright...I thought you meant you talked to someone more local, I don't think there is a DC rep in the Tx , AR, Ok, La area. Last time I dealt with DC, I dealt with Rusty...but that was a couple of years ago.

I always deal with rusty directly and there is a video of me doing a 145 with a level 5 on a 200 watt amp which brings me to the point of get the best sub you can afford its better to have a level 5 on 1000 watts then a level 3 plus the option to add another amp later is there plus you can build a bigger more efficient box with a better sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I always deal with rusty directly and there is a video of me doing a 145 with a level 5 on a 200 watt amp which brings me to the point of get the best sub you can afford its better to have a level 5 on 1000 watts then a level 3 plus the option to add another amp later is there plus you can build a bigger more efficient box with a better sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
not tryin to thread jack, but thanks for the enlightenment on the soft parts used in the DC's. That was my point earlier, if 1-1.5k won't get a sub moving, I would have no use for it, personally.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.