Another trade offer.

Dtrom
10+ year member

MAF
Sorry bout another one of these post I just want a good opinion, got another trade offer from an old CL post on my hdc3 18. Guy is wanting to trade me to Obsidian 12's in a box, with fresh sundown recones. For my hdc3 18.

Input?

its your choice...
I know but would it be a good deal on my part? Are obsidian subs nice? If I keep my 18 I'm gonna run 2 of them but if I trade for the obsidians I'll get two more and run 4.

Sorry bout another one of these post I just want a good opinion, got another trade offer from an old CL post on my hdc3 18. Guy is wanting to trade me to Obsidian 12's in a box, with fresh sundown recones. For my hdc3 18. Input?
TWO twelves sounds like a good deal to me,and a box?As long as the ohms reads well on a DMM for each sub, I myself would go for it

TWO twelves sounds like a good deal to me,and a box?As long as the ohms reads well on a DMM for each sub, I myself would go for it
It's a prefab box but it's something I can use for now. I don't have a dmm so I can't test the load :/ I'd have to trust him on it.

Go to Walmart get a cheap DMM($12-17) in which can be used for several electrical projects,so its not a waste of your $,and take it up to an Orileys/Autozone and get them to set it for you on Ohms readigs, if you cant figure it out,and or watch a crash course on You Tube.There is a reason for people putting things on Craigs List at Times.Trust yourself, and your Knowledge, not someone whom may take advantage of you..You walk up with tham DMM, and m sure he will state a different issue with the subs??Or he may not?Ohh I didnt know I had a blown sub..it sounded fine hooked up..Ya Im sure it did..at one time..if it sounded so good why sell them?Be my question.Be smart man..dont get taken..You may find that they are in Great shape also, and get a great deal, but utilize your resourses, rather than get taken, and be certain.Got an Electrician Friend? Call and ask him..call Home Depot??They sell em too/Lowes/Sears ect

Never buy subs from cl unless you can test the coils with a dmm, I can't even begin to count the times they say theres nothing wrong with it and one of the coils on a dvc sub reads blown. Always use a dmm before you buy! Even the freebie dmm from harbor freight is better than nothing.

Never buy subs from cl unless you can test the coils with a dmm, I can't even begin to count the times they say theres nothing wrong with it and one of the coils on a dvc sub reads blown. Always use a dmm before you buy! Even the freebie dmm from harbor freight is better than nothing.
I concur

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.