2 sundown e12d4v3 not sounding the way i think they should

Its actually a port width of 2 and i dont know length or hight. Those subs need 1.75 as sundowns recommendation not 2 cubs each. Even when they were in the one cube each sealed box they had the same type of sound just not anywhere near where they should have been. The box can be modified thats not an issue..
Your going to have the box modified bigger? Please take pics of this process lol.

Well then, i see most people here like to assume random ****. For those that care one of the subs was out of phase and now i have my shirt shaking back like when the xplods were in the avenger. Thanks to whoever told me about the 9 volt trick. I was tought that somewhere a long time ago but forgot about it. Im going to play with adding polyfil and see whay happens..

Its actually a port width of 2 and i dont know length or hight. Those subs need 1.75 as sundowns recommendation not 2 cubs each. Even when they were in the one cube each sealed box they had the same type of sound just not anywhere near where they should have been. The box can be modified thats not an issue..
usually port design needs to be 12-16 sq inches of port area per cubic feet. with 2 inch width you are at 8.25, your port is still way too small for the box. I'd seriously still recommend you building a totally different box if you want actual performance out of those subs. Polyfill wont do sh*t when its this big of a design flaw. It might not look like it but most of us on the forum knows what it takes to get loud bro, that box is not gonna get you there. Box needs to be bigger with proper port area. Your current port is way to tiny for the subs to properly breathe and create the proper sundown output.

My qurstion is how the hell do you know how much port area i have. All you can do is guess i know my port over 18 inches long by 2 wide and its gets loud enough, im not trying to get 140s or id be running 4 of these things....

Do not add any poly fil. Every reply I see is gonna add polyfill. All it does is trick the subs thinking they're in a smaller enclosure...which won't help your situation out. Box is already small, why make it worse?

What you need is another box....and this time a good one. Have @CSCStang design you one or even Jeffdachef.

And for god sake, leave the poly filll out.

Your going to have the box modified bigger? Please take pics of this process lol.
You've never heard of this process before?!

It's easy. Grab another empty box and "add" to the existing one lol Bam! Instant extended sq ft //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']Do not add any poly fil. Every reply I see is gonna add polyfill. All it does is trick the subs thinking they're in a smaller enclosure...which won't help your situation out. Box is already small, why make it worse?

What you need is another box....and this time a good one. Have @CSCStang design you one or even Jeffdachef.

And for god sake, leave the poly filll out.[/QUOTE]

Bigger

My qurstion is how the hell do you know how much port area i have. All you can do is guess i know my port over 18 inches long by 2 wide and its gets loud enough, im not trying to get 140s or id be running 4 of these things....
Simple math shows the port area is too small. Don't get so butttthurt man. A proper box will give you way more output. Simple.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

By modifying the box i meant seal off the port and cut some internal volume a little turns out it wasnt needed. Just fixing the wiring alone made all the difference. My port area is fine for the box being a little to small its plenty long enough. I added some polyfil and it helped, now i cant read my gps and my mirror is useless and those lows.... They dont get as low as my sonys did being theyre in a ported box but im loving it. My cousin has the same jeep with 3 jl audio w0s and its almost as loud as these sundowns

What is Polyfill and Why Should I Use It? | Learning Center | Sonic Electronix
Nobody uses poly fil in sub enclosures in car audio. Mainly, home audio. Hell I've seen a few boxes on craigslist containing (get this) home wall insulation as poly fill (no joke!!).
Actually its quite common for small sealed boxes. Ive seen it used a lot personally. Now if its got the room theres no need for it. By the way, using fiberglass insulation is a thing from the 80s-early 90s for home audio

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.