2 speaker outputs monoblock 1 DVC sub

Participant count
  • Participant list

agcelica

NW
View attachment 26553523

So i got an ia10.1 that I will be hooking up to one SSA icon 12 dual 2 ohm voice coil. First time having a monoblock with 2 speaker outputs and I looked it up but most people who ask this question are running a multiple sub setup. So prepare for a noob like question, but... from what I understand the speaker outputs are bridged internally; correct? It is not like a left and right channel or anything? So if I want to run this sub in parallel with two 2ohm voice coils to present a 1ohm load to that amp is my little paint diagram correct? Does the bridged output terminals eliminate the need for the jumper between voice coils you would use with only 1 speaker ouput?

Sorry guys I don't know why I am so hung up on this.

"Bridged" isn't the correct term.

It's simply two pairs of outputs coming from a single channel -- they're wired parallel.

You don't have to use them both.

The easiest and probably most common option is to just run one +/- pair from the amp to one of the voice coils and run short jumper wires from one coil to the next.

Thanks n2audio.

I should have known better than to say bridged. Yes parallel is what I was looking for. The reason I asked is because I have some oversized 10awg and I can't seem to make it fit with a jumper in the Icons Terminal. So I might have to just do 2 runs of it.

Sorry for the late response

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.