2 SDC 2.5 15's

ok thats understandable, i thought with aeros the rule of thumb was like 8-12in per cubed was ideal
I doubt you'll regret going as big as you can with the port area. Leave AT LEAST a port width between either port opening and any reflective surface. If you do less they may function, but the resuts will be unpredictable.

I doubt you'll regret going as big as you can with the port area. Leave AT LEAST a port width between either port opening and any reflective surface. If you do less they may function, but the resuts will be unpredictable.
ok so if i did multiple ports how does that work, for ex 2 8's? would there have to be 16inches or 8?

ok so if i did multiple ports how does that work, for ex 2 8's? would there have to be 16inches or 8?
Each would want to be 8" away from any walls... and ideally each other as well, but that's not going to be quite as dramatic if you crowd them close to one another.

Each would want to be 8" away from any walls... and ideally each other as well, but that's not going to be quite as dramatic if you crowd them close to one another.
ok thanks man, this info is really helping see if its possible to make it happen

one last thing, port from hatch is it true that you can do half port width with that or is that false

one last thing, port from hatch is it true that you can do half port width with that or is that false
Anything 1 port length or less will effect the way the port behaves. Best case scenario it'll just lower your expected tuning, worst case scenario it won't pressurize properly and you'll lose a lot of output.... of course in some applications I've seen port crowded into a wall actually gain! The point being results are really unpredictable.

This is why I say people always over estimate how much space they actually have to work with. Just realize you're compromising all around. Too little port, too little volume, too little space around the port.... You're leaving a lot of potential output on the table.

So of all the possible factors why your install sounded bad you've narrowed it down to the tuning? Also what music actually requires you to play 30hz?
no, ive been around, built, helped build several walled vehicles in the 40s and they sound like **** imo

I (almost) always follow the old rule of thumb on that. 8" port should have 8" of clearance to function properly.
ok i have done all the measureing and what not i could, my only option is the 10" aero port, it will leave enough room inside(port opening to back of the box and port to hatch). I will have 10.5 iches per to cube currently. I would shrink the box alittle but im scared of doing that honestly. I did again notice that your box is 13 cubes which equals 3.25 cubes net per sub. If i shrunk the box down to where the subs would see 3.5 net each that would put me at 11.21 per cube. Would shrinking the box some help, i ask you because you run them in a smaller enclsoure

no, ive been around, built, helped build several walled vehicles in the 40s and they sound like **** imo
Tuned in the 40's isn't tuned at 40Hz. Were these walls running AQ/DD subs? I don't tune that high with other brands but with AQ/DD I've never had an issue.

Sounds like the walls you were building were burp cars.....

Tuned in the 40's isn't tuned at 40Hz. Were these walls running AQ/DD subs? I don't tune that high with other brands but with AQ/DD I've never had an issue.
Sounds like the walls you were building were burp cars.....
dd and treo mostly

Could also tune at 40Hz and gain a little move volume....
ok so i made a new design that will allow me to use 2 8" ports, but my tuning will be 42hz is the only thing about it. it just seems alittle bit high

what is causing you to make the ports so short? Can part of the aeros be external to get the length you need?

I wouldn't let port to rear hatch distance be a deal breaker. Meaning if you have to end up 4" off the rear gate I doubt you will notice a difference to the ear. On the meter probably yes, but even then I've seen cars gain with box/port closer to the gate then they "should" be....

what is causing you to make the ports so short? Can part of the aeros be external to get the length you need?
I wouldn't let port to rear hatch distance be a deal breaker. Meaning if you have to end up 4" off the rear gate I doubt you will notice a difference to the ear. On the meter probably yes, but even then I've seen cars gain with box/port closer to the gate then they "should" be....
not just that, i want to have atleast on inside between port and back of box, and i know port to hatch its said that half the port diameter can work. i do want it to meter well. I actually just did a design and added some size to the box and that let me shrink the port alittle but still maintain 40hz. The box is now set to 8 cubes, or 4 cubes net per sub after displacements, which i know that will probly improve the subs performance some and i think i have it were i want it, well the best i can get

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date