2 SDC 2.5 15's

how well would they play tuning them to 40hz tho, 37 is high to most people, but 40 would almost seem to high and not play very low. again tho i dont listen to alot low stuff, 35hz would probably be my lowest. If i can atleast play decently there then i might consider it
They will easily play 5hz below tuning in your enclosure, so if 35Hz is your low point then 40Hz tuning would be fine.

SQ subs will normally play 6-8Hz below tuning with no issues. If box is huge/port area is giant/way over RMS on power then you "might" run into some problems...

They will easily play 5hz below tuning in your enclosure, so if 35Hz is your low point then 40Hz tuning would be fine.
SQ subs will normally play 6-8Hz below tuning with no issues. If box is huge/port area is giant/way over RMS on power then you "might" run into some problems...
Well with 3.75-3.85 cubes net per sub and 1 -10" aeroport(will equal 10.46 - 10.19 sq-inches of port per cube), i dont see those as being to much seeing they usually like a bit of port any way. i may raise it up 40hz tuning.

I am running@ 15"/cube. They do not like small ports
a 10" aeroport isnt small? if i got too big on the port it will become to much port.

---------- Post added at 11:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 PM ----------

I am running@ 15"/cube. They do not like small ports
ill have 10 + inches of port per cube

Well with 3.75-3.85 cubes net per sub and 1 -10" aeroport(will equal 10.46 - 10.19 sq-inches of port per cube), i dont see those as being to much seeing they usually like a bit of port any way. i may raise it up 40hz tuning.
I think you'll be happy with it tuned there.

I run my 18" HDC4 in the daily tuned to 42hz since I rarely play below 35hz. Sound quite good and puts up decent numbers...

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

What is your set up and mic location? Congrats on the 50+

I think you'll be happy with it tuned there.
I run my 18" HDC4 in the daily tuned to 42hz since I rarely play below 35hz. Sound quite good and puts up decent numbers...

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

What is your set up and mic location? Congrats on the 50+
is the 1 10" aeroport enough port for them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date