2 SDC 2.5 15's

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Pls dont feed me garbage, but what is the smallest enclosure you would run 1 sdc 2.5 15 in? im just looking for some opinions because i dont think i will have the room i was wanting. NO im not walling it lol. Just wondering what you guys think.

Originally i had it planned for them to have 3.5 cubes net each sub but went to remeasure before starting to do the build and realize that i would have more like 3.33 - 3.4 cubes net per sub which i dont see that making really much of a difference anyway.

thanks in advance

I have NEVER had good luck with AQ/SQ subs in smaller enclosures. I've done 3.75^3 net for 15's and they performed ok but it was far from ideal IMO.

How much power will you have? If you're looking to dig down deep then it probably won't be the best for that....

I have NEVER had good luck with AQ/SQ subs in smaller enclosures. I've done 3.75^3 net for 15's and they performed ok but it was far from ideal IMO.
How much power will you have? If you're looking to dig down deep then it probably won't be the best for that....
i really dont listen to anything that digs really low. lowest would be like 34 probably. i dont worry about hair tricks honestly lol. i always tune around 37hz because that gives me MY perfect medium of daily spl output when i got to the occasional comp. But ill say more geared for spl>daily lows. with tuning i like mine to be louder from 40hz(i know thats probably weird but thats just my taste) also it usually still will play 34-35 hz pretty well

Powerwise when its all done probably about 24-2500 watts before rise & voltage drop so i plan to run them about 1k each so i know i do need to shrink the the box some.

My 4 will be in 15 cubes net. I was planning on trying all 4 in 12 cubes but decided I shouldn't risk it and just do it right the first time. They will be on my 2200 at .5

ok so i did some re arranging in my hatch lol... Proofread this for me: the inside will more and likely be resin'd

Dimensions: 40.25 L x 22 H 20.5 D

8.73445 cubes Gross

Displacements-

Port - 1 10" Aeroport @ 13.5" = .61

2 SDC 2.5 15's = .30

2 - 2x4's @ 20.5 each(top to bottom) = .124 est

2 - 2x4's @ 19" each (front to back) = .114 est

7.582 net = 3.791 per cubes per sub

10.35 sq-inches port per cube

37hz

My 4 will be in 15 cubes net. I was planning on trying all 4 in 12 cubes but decided I shouldn't risk it and just do it right the first time. They will be on my 2200 at .5
nice, im just curious, i was going to build them for 3.5 cubes per sub but then i measure and seemed i was off and thought i would have less space but i can add some height and gain some volume

I did 4 15" HDC3's in a 12cube wall years ago, was a 3 night "throw it in before a show" build. Failed miserably to say the least but looked cool.

I've had the best luck with 4.25^3 for 15's, just seems to be the "magic" number for most of my builds.

I've done SDC 15's up to 9.5^3 net for a pair. Off a 1200 they dug deep and got loud.

Looks like I'm going back to 15's soon, time for a change....

I run my 4 in @ 13 net tuned to 35 and they get loud and sound great 

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 PM ----------

Shorter port length equals more airspace
good point, i guess i didnt put 2 & 2 together there lol. but going to 40hz idk if i want to do that. idk how they would play tuning that high

Could also tune at 40Hz and gain a little move volume....
how well would they play tuning them to 40hz tho, 37 is high to most people, but 40 would almost seem to high and not play very low. again tho i dont listen to alot low stuff, 35hz would probably be my lowest. If i can atleast play decently there then i might consider it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date