2 SDC 2.5 15's

I think you'll be happy with it tuned there.
I run my 18" HDC4 in the daily tuned to 42hz since I rarely play below 35hz. Sound quite good and puts up decent numbers...

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

What is your set up and mic location? Congrats on the 50+
or should i maybe do 2 8's?

I like two 8" better
thats wouldnt be to much port? also when figured your square inches of port per cube, you go by cubes NET not GROSS correct.

for example 1-10" aeroport is 78.5 sqinches/ 7 cubes net(after displacements) = 11.21 sqin^3?

you. 40hz is not daily territory IMO, sq goes out the window too
Where are you coming up with that?

SQ subs like higher tuning tho? Aslo it is kind of a Spl setup lol..... SPL>Daily
SQ has box recommendations for a reason. IMO you'd be way better off with a pair of 12's, going up to 100-120 square inches of port and tuning @ 40 as they are designed for.

With only 1000W per sub mechanical limits won't be an issue even with 12's assuming you use subsonic filter correctly.

SQ has box recommendations for a reason. IMO you'd be way better off with a pair of 12's, going up to 100-120 square inches of port and tuning @ 40 as they are designed for.

With only 1000W per sub mechanical limits won't be an issue even with 12's assuming you use subsonic filter correctly.
just curious to why that was thrown in there? im not really having space issues or nothing? I talked to DJ about the box size, and what all that and he said that 3.75 per is good, he actually said that the 1-10" port would work. But i started looking at a pair of 8" aeros for alittle more port. im doing a slot if, i dont want to give up all the space for one

You will have less port turbulence than a slot port but I would personally look at that as just a bonus.
yea, i may just go ahead do a plan for the 2 8"s instead. I would do a 12" since they are kind of close but that would displace a ton lol

personal experience. 40hz sounds like **** trying to play 30-35 ish

personal experience. 40hz sounds like **** trying to play 30-35 ish
Maybe you build your boxes wrong????

I've never had a problem tuning 38-40Hz and playing down to low 30's. All about enclosure size, port area, tuning, and power...

just curious to why that was thrown in there? im not really having space issues or nothing? I talked to DJ about the box size, and what all that and he said that 3.75 per is good, he actually said that the 1-10" port would work. But i started looking at a pair of 8" aeros for alittle more port. im doing a slot if, i dont want to give up all the space for one
Oh, they'll function in a small box and a small port, but you're greatly limiting the potential of larger woofers trying to do this sort of thing.

Oh, they'll function in a small box and a small port, but you're greatly limiting the potential of larger woofers trying to do this sort of thing.
ok thats understandable, i thought with aeros the rule of thumb was like 8-12in per cubed was ideal

[quote name='hispls']Oh, they'll function in a small box and a small port, but you're greatly limiting the potential of larger woofers trying to do this sort of thing.[/QUOTE]

how many inches are required from the port opening to back of the box? thats kind of steering me from the 2-8s

@oldschoolboomer;

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

bgowdy

5,000+ posts
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
bgowdy
Campbellsville, Ky
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date