2 questions- How do I Properly tune with an oscope, and is it ok to...

Participant count
  • Participant list

JuicyJeff
10+ year member

Juicy
My first question is What is the proper way to tune my new subs with an oscope. For reference I am soon to be installing 2 sundown 8s and have a sundown saz1500d to power them. I would like to give each sub 500 rms (if that is healthy) and the amp is rated at 1500 rms at 1 ohm. The subs would be wired down to 1 ohm. How would I go about doing this, I bought an oscope just for this.

My second question is that I just now finally test fit my sub box in the car and with the amp on top (Where I want it) It just misses the speakers by a millimeter or less, I think it actually touches it. So now I want to know, would it be ok if the rear deck speaker magnet is that close to the amp for a long period of time. Or would I be better off bolting it to the seat? And Is bolting to the seat bad for the amp in any way?

Or if you can be creative and give me an idea? I also thought maybe I could add like a half inch or more spacer to the rear deck speakers making the magnet not hang as low so that they are not in direct contact with the amp itself. Would this work?

Any and all help is appreciated. I am super pumped to finally finish this install, I just got the 160amp alt and big 3 done today and my 0g through the firewall! I'd like to have these answered TONIGHT!

Thanks!

Jeff

Dont know about the oscope part...but I'll answer what I can. I dont think it would damage the amp in any way for the speaker magnet to be touching, but the spacer idea is probably a good idea. If its possible to add a small baffle to raise the speakers, I'd do that just to keep the amp from getting scratched or beat up.

You don't really need the o-scope. It's generally only used to tune an amp to maximum output with no clipping but since you won't be trying to get the max out of your amp (since you only want 1000w out of a 1500w amp) you could just set it with a DMM to the correct voltage.

I want a clean 1k rms tho :p. Glad to hear that the magnet close won't hurt it, I will be spacing it though, I don't want to scratch my beauty //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. And I have to take out the 6disk in the trunk so ill be there anyways

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.