What amps?

Devil_Z
10+ year member

Hey guys, just stumbled across this site and figured I'd ask a few quesions.

My vehicle is a 2005 chevy silverado 2500hd crew cab. Finding a box was that would work for what I wanted was a pita, but I just ordered a under the seat downfiring sub box. The subs going into it will be alpine swr-1043 4 ohm 10's. They are 600 rms. I also just ordered some new door speakers which are mb quart pvi 216's. I do have some amps that i'm not using, don't think they are very suitable though. They are (can't remember exactly) kenwood kac-7205 or something.. its a 500w 2 ch amp, and I have a kicker zx750.1 750w amp. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brett

the kenwood would woul have more than enough power to blow the pvi 216 so be careful with the gain. the kicker cant really power both subs very well but would power one great. you could try trading it or selling it for a different amp, or buy another one and put one on each sub

In every review I've read/seen on Kenwood AMPS not one has done its rated power, saying that it goes w/o saying, I don't like Kenwood amps. Me personally, I'd look at another 4ch amp ~50/75 x 4. That Kicker amp I'm sure is a bit under rated, I can't be certain because I have very little experience w/their newer line. I used to have their ZR line of amps and those were WAY under rated. I be willing to bet that the Kicker amp you have now would run those subs just fine.

In every review I've read/seen on Kenwood AMPS not one has done its rated power, saying that it goes w/o saying, I don't like Kenwood amps. Me personally, I'd look at another 4ch amp ~50/75 x 4. That Kicker amp I'm sure is a bit under rated, I can't be certain because I have very little experience w/their newer line. I used to have their ZR line of amps and those were WAY under rated. I be willing to bet that the Kicker amp you have now would run those subs just fine.
ZR's = AWESOME!!

ZX's = Ehh. (Not the worst but trash in comparison to a ZR)

My uncle had a zx350.4 and it was not impressive. I swapped in an old fosgate 200a4 and it killed the zx350.4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.