2 new installed Kicker HS10 Self Powered Subs- Help please

franktank

CarAudio.com Newbie
Trying to finish installing two Kicker HS10s with the factory Head unit in a 5th generation Ram 1500.

Been back and forth with tech support from crutchfield. They insisted it was a bad unit and sent a replacement after troubleshooting.

The new unit arrived and it is doing the exact same thing.

When i adjust the gain on the one i put behind the driver seat it works as expected. Then i go to adjust the gain on the second unit behind passenger seat. and it drastically increases the gain of the drivers side subwoofer but minimal effect on gain on the left unit with that gain knob almost completely maxed. If i leave the gain all the way down on the drivers side and i start to turn the dial up on the left it increases the gain drastically/normally still on the drivers side.

But the problem is...adjusting the gain of one of them should not be doing anything to the other.

the hs10 has a harness/plug with the power ground rem and LR channels with the wires preattached.

I pigtailed together both power wires. i grounded each separately to the chassis.

remote wires pigtailed and ran to the dash cigarette lighter.

I had to hook up a noise cancelling bypass datalink harness (8 wires front and back channels) under my drivers seat.

I tapped into the front Left and front Right Channels on the bypass harness. Soldered 1 set of wire to the Left and 1 set to the Right.
Ran the wires back to the subs. Pigtailed the L/R from each of the subs to that run from the bypass.

Added a stereo splitter 3.5 at the dash for the bass remote knob. Ran both of those 3.5 stereo cables back to each of the subs.

Any thoughts on why this is happening or what i can try please and thank you:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I would guess it's the bass knob causing the issue, it looks like you're trying to use one for both units. I'd take that out of the equation first

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...