Which JL subs? scion tc

• Total voters
I would like to see the 6 W78" Build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Nasty lil woofas
ya, I agree.

Long as you get a good price on them, they are actually great subs.

I would like to see the 6 W78" Build //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Nasty lil woofas
yea thats what i would like to do too. But I got to thinkin about it and that would def require more than one sub amp. so thats gonna increase price like whoooooa! but idk still might do it...jus scared of loosin that super low rumble.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

What about 6 sa 8's tuned to 28-30?
because im not all that familiar with them and i want something i know more about this time.

Ok so I need new subs since my FI Q 18" blew up on me and i dont really feel like reconing it. (btw its for sale pm me). I want a JL audio sub setup now. So I am looking into some w7 8's (however many can fit across, guessing 4-6) or 2 jl w3 13.5s or 2 JL w6 13.5s. Either setup will be ported and tuned low like around 27hz. Currently I have a Hifonics Brutus 1200.1D so i can run the 13's easily. but the 8's i am not sure. but i can always switch amps if needed. Goin into a Scion tC. Which would be the best? Btw its a SQL setup. I want to be loud but still have good SQ. I love how low my 18 would get and I want my new setup to get just as low and hit well at all frequencies. KEY: LOW LOW LOW!!!! lol
On Monday call JL Audio and ask for "Ward Bejnamin". He is head tech guy and has been there for over 15 years. He is a good guy and very honest. He will tell you which path to go with even if it is not with their product. I personnaly think the 8w7's are the way to go. I like making systems that slam with smaller woofers. It seems more impressive to others even though its all about cone area and x-max. Let us know what he says and good luck!

yea thats what i would like to do too. But I got to thinkin about it and that would def require more than one sub amp. so thats gonna increase price like whoooooa! but idk still might do it...jus scared of loosin that super low rumble. 

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 PM ----------

because im not all that familiar with them and i want something i know more about this time.
Optimum power for the 8w7 is 300 watts. The challenge you are going to have is the 3-ohm rating per woofer. If you grab another amp you should be fine, or you can look into a larger amplifier that will produce full power @ 2-ohm. Maybe a MRP-M2000????? Lots of power and a reasonable price.

Optimum power for the 8w7 is 300 watts. The challenge you are going to have is the 3-ohm rating per woofer. If you grab another amp you should be fine, or you can look into a larger amplifier that will produce full power @ 2-ohm. Maybe a MRP-M2000????? Lots of power and a reasonable price.
well 3 wired in parallel will give me a 1 ohm load. (400 rms per woofer) i will just need another brutus like the one i have for 6 of them

6 W7s would get loud and low I have run 2 before and they are very surprising also have run 2 w6s
yea i had 2 of the old school w6 and they were just all around amazing. Thats why im kind of biased. Thats why im trying to see if anyone has actual experience with the 8's and can assure me they will get low and hold it .... not jus punches

scion tc trunk = 42 inches wide just put a 40 inch box in mine 4-5 hours ago with takin off a few trim panels to get it in and putting em back on after so good luck getting 6 8's in there.

also Fi= old RE, old RE = great, which means you did something really awful to your sub to blow it in 2 months.. before you buy expensive products learn what your doing.. no way you should blow a sub..especially in 2 months of daily use. good luck with your build but i see it blowing just as fast if your going to be the same person installing it.

any opinions on 2 w6 13s in the trunk (off the hifonics brz1200) and then 1 or 2 w7 8s built into the console or dash (off a JL 500/1)
I like this one personally.

I ran 2 12w6v2's in an 97 s10 for over a year. 3 cubes tuned to 36hz and powered by an MTX 81000D.(yes, with a 1 ohm load)

They were very clean and dug down nicely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies