Which JL subs? scion tc

• Total voters
Before you go spend over a grand on new woofers, I would look into how you blew a 300$ one. What amp was this powered by? I ran 3 stock 18 Q's off of 8000 watts with zero problems, and watt by watt others have claimed Fi to be the most abuse-proof woofers out there. Just a thought

Before you go spend over a grand on new woofers, I would look into how you blew a 300$ one. What amp was this powered by? I ran 3 stock 18 Q's off of 8000 watts with zero problems, and watt by watt others have claimed Fi to be the most abuse-proof woofers out there. Just a thought
It was off a Hifonics Brutus 1200 cea compliant. I probably burned it with the gains too high. Didn't feel like enough output from an 18 otherwise. When I had my Cvrs and 750.1 I never went over one half on tha gains so that's why..this time I'll keep em low

Cone area on an 18 is about the same as 6 8's if I remember right, so probably won't be much more output out of them if any. The Q is more efficient as well, and you will be under powering those w7's.

I think if you get 2 15's or even another 18 and put them in a 6-7 cubic foot box tuned to 32hz you will be surprised what you can do with the right amp.

Cone area on an 18 is about the same as 6 8's if I remember right, so probably won't be much more output out of them if any. The Q is more efficient as well, and you will be under powering those w7's.
I think if you get 2 15's or even another 18 and put them in a 6-7 cubic foot box tuned to 32hz you will be surprised what you can do with the right amp.
not really interested in any 15s or 18s.... loud but only on really low bass unless ported high....i kno many ppl will argue that about flat curves and about how a good sub will hit all frequencies blah blah blah....from what i've heard.... 12s/ 13.5s are much more involved in everyday music.

This is gonna sound snobby but I don't mean it to be, but at the level you are at you are probably right. It is much easier to set up a 2 12" setup. I think 6 8's is a little too much. Look for 2 12" subs with a low fs, high Xmax and a big motor. If you could find some TC ssounds 12's I think that would fit the bill, unmatched in low end output

This is gonna sound snobby but I don't mean it to be, but at the level you are at you are probably right. It is much easier to set up a 2 12" setup. I think 6 8's is a little too much. Look for 2 12" subs with a low fs, high Xmax and a big motor. If you could find some TC ssounds 12's I think that would fit the bill, unmatched in low end output
are the tC sounds really that much better than the w6s? because I can get them both for about the same price, if price is the determining factor.

Look for used older tc. Many say they make the best sounding woofers available. Tc3000's DESTROY w7's. I know first hand. I had my tc3k on 2500 watts against 2 12w7's off 2000 both ported and the tc beat it soundly in every category. Once you get one in your hands you realize why they are better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Why So Cereal?

5,000+ posts
Invisible Cereal
Why So Cereal?
Drowning in milk
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies