2 different types of subs in the same trunk?

Participant count
  • Participant list

momeigs

Makeshift Bass-head
I currently have two separate Rockford Fosgate P300-12s which are built in amp powered enclosures. I want to upgrade my system and put in two Skar Audio SDR 12s. I bought the package that comes with the 1500w rms amp and the subs in a pre built enclosure tuned to 32Hz. I’m wondering if I can keep my current Rockfords in the trunk and put in the new Skar’s so i’ll have all 4 in the same trunk. The trunk is split by the rear seats so it doesn’t share the same space with the cabin of the car. The P300-12s are rated at 300w rms each (600w) and the SDR 12s are rated for 1200w rms. Thank you!

giphy.gif

Scroll down two post. Long thread talking about why it's a terrible idea.

Jacksonville Florida? Ohhh boy.
I’m not wiring them together though. There are two separate Rockford powered enclosures both with built in 300w amps that power them. I just want to keep those and put in the SDR 12s that share the same ported enclosure. They won’t all be in the same enclosure running off the same amp. Why is that a bad idea??

1. Sound is what? Vibrations or waves right?
2. Different subwoofers have differently sized components
3. These differently sized components affect various T/S parameters of the subwoofer
4. These differences usually cause the subwoofers to vibrate slightly different from each other (even if playing the same music)
5. These slight differences in vibrations between the two subwoofers can and will cancel the others vibrations to varying degrees to the point where they can go 180 degrees out of phase at certain vibration levels, cancelling each other out.

Any questions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.