2 channel amp , 2 subwoofers 4 ohms help! ! ! ! !

Participant count
  • Participant list
Amp is not 2 ohm stable bridged. Try connecting your subs to one channel of the 2-channel amp and see if you can recreate the issue.
Well its a 2 channel , i looked it up , says it does 2 ohms. How would i be able to wire it then? and the box is prefab , and connected together to one connection.

Visual inspection of the internals. Voids warranty somtimes, though.
Havent looked at it , but my last amp , i opened it up , had like a black spot , and the rca cables had burnt inside. Im new at this btw..... if u can tell.

Manual states minimum impedance bridged is 4 ohms. Per channel 2 ohms. What you're doing when you connect the far left positive and far right negative of the amp is bridging, which will not support 2 ohms. You can use the left pair + and - but the subs are only going to get 200W on that amp any way you safely wire it.

Oh alright , lol that *****. But thanks for the input , Take it to a car audio shop? for the wiring , kinda new at this to be honest. If you blown the amp , what are signs of it?

You can do a small fix right away and that's switching from bridged to single channel. Looking at your amp, just take the - lead off the far right side and move it to right next to where the + lead is connected. See if this keeps your subs from shutting off. If it still keeps cutting off, you need to look into a new amp.

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Easiest sign of a blown amp is the capacitors. If they're not smooth on top or there's goop you can't explain formed around the internals, it's blown. Will also smell unpleasant when you pull off the top casing.

Any updates? And what part of LA are you in? If you're close enough I might be able to help you out in the future.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.