2 channel amp , 2 subwoofers 4 ohms help! ! ! ! !

Participant count
  • Participant list

ElOsito
10+ year member

Well im having trouble with this setup , i had it connected , bridged. the positive to the positive , negative to the negative. They came in a factory box already connected. But im having trouble , everything was fine , was bumpin for awhile like an hour , then it just shut off. Now every 10mins or so , it just shuts off on me. What would be the problem? has it happened to anyone?

gonna need WAY more information than that, what amp, what subs, what ohm rating are they, how are they wired inside the box, how is the amp wired to the box...

sounds like the amp is going into protect though

If it's a prefab I'm guessing SVC 4ohm on each which would render a 2 ohm load. I know a lot of amps aren't stable bridged at 2 ohms and that's my guess as to what's happening.

He means you overloaded your channels and probably blew something inside the amp. Disconnect everything and inspect the internals or if you're worried about that, see what you can smell. If it smells crispy, you're done.

gonna need WAY more information than that, what amp, what subs, what ohm rating are they, how are they wired inside the box, how is the amp wired to the box...sounds like the amp is going into protect though
Not sure , its prefab , and its 2 kickers , 4 ohms each , the amp is kenwood kac 301xt i think.

Amp is not 2 ohm stable bridged. Try connecting your subs to one channel of the 2-channel amp and see if you can recreate the issue.

turning on and off every ten minutes sounds more like going into protect from having a too low impedance on the amp, however you will eventually blow ur amp if u havent already

If you're savvy enough to check the wiring on your subs, make sure you're in series between each sub. You'll put an 8 ohm load on the amp which it CAN handle bridged.

turning on and off every ten minutes sounds more like going into protect from having a too low impedance on the amp, however you will eventually blow ur amp if u havent already
Yeah i think its happened to me before with an alpine amp , it smelled burnt lol. well this one hasnt just yet really , atleast dont think , i mean it still turns on , but i just disconnected for the mean time , didnt want it to happen again , if it hasnt already. How do u kno if its blown?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.