2 Audiobahn 18's + 2 Amps = How should i set it up?

Donks
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CO, Ohio
Ok I have a Kicker KX500.2 on 1 Rockford Fosgate Punch 600w rms oldskool 12". Also i have a shitty 1200w American Legacy AmP...lol....The 2 audiobahn 18's i have are the AW-1805Q model...they are 1200w RMS 2400w MAX. I was planning to have 1 18 on the kicker amp and the other 18 on the american legacy 1200w AMP...btw the legacy amp says its stable @ 2 ohm's and that perfect because the 18's are dual 4ohm. Ok I have a 85 box buick currently but im planning this install for the 88 box caprice im getting.

The thing with the audiobahn's is they need new wires and need 2 b solder'd where the those wires go from the voice coil to the one thing....i dont know what the wires i called i think they are tensil wires...idk sorry

One of the Voice coils wired work and play on one of the audiobahns i was going to try n take apart the audiobahns and try n repair the voice coil wiring but i dont have the tools to take it apart. i have some more tensil wires i just need to know what and how to replace/re-solder the wires.

ANY help/Recommendations?

trying to upload pics now....

He is not joking. He is just ignorant. Do not hook up two different amps to two subs. Do not hook up a system. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Go directly to a shop so they can sell you an overpriced amp to work with your subs.

if you take a subwoofer apart you will need a recone kit....you cant just take em apart and put the same pieces back together

IDK i never could find the ratings for it......As soon as i hooked up the rockfords to the kx500.2 tit blew one rockford and i only have 1 working 1 now. It is Single Voice coild i do know that.

It has the red diamond on the front that say's The Real Punch Power....someone on here toll me they were the 1996 series and that it was 600w rms

EDIT: each audiobahn is dual 4 ohms so if i hook them together they can be wired to 1ohm.....Also im buying seperate battery for my system in the back.

He is not joking. He is just ignorant. Do not hook up two different amps to two subs. Do not hook up a system. Do not pass GO, do not collect $200. Go directly to a shop so they can sell you an overpriced amp to work with your subs.
x2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.