2 Amps?

Nsignificant

I'm a complete newbie when it comes to amps/subwoofers. I recently installed my Kenwood KVT-614 with the KNA-G510 navigation, so I can understand basic concepts of wiring etc. But my question is, I have 4 stock speakers, which I am going to replace, and I want to power them a 4-Channel amp, I'm also going to buy 2 12" subs in a box, and buy a separate 2 channel amp for that.

What kind of wattage will my speaker amp need? Also do I need crossovers and tweeters?

Thank you

you most likely want a mono amp for your subs, unless you have 2 dvc4s that you are wiring in series at 4ohm...what kind of subs and door speakers?

look at the rms on your speakers not the peak power and get an amp that matches the rms...then you will be safe...all tweeters need crossovers of some sort either active or passive are they will smoke....
Do I really need tweeters though? Will it make a noticeable difference? Also, I'm not entirely sure on the brand/type of speakers/subs I'm getting, my ceiling is $750 and they must be purchased from Best-Buy (I know Bestbuy is bad for this type of thing, but It must be from bestbuy). So any suggestions/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks again.

Using a best but credit card huh? If I were u I would get the alpine F300 and M500. Decent prices and decent sound...both are around $200 and $240. I would also try the alpine type e single vc subs at this level there about 130 each that leaves u tax and wiring money. They sell kicker kits...there nice and worth it use 4awg dual amp kit its got all the parts u will need. They should also sell speed wire. Buy this its way easier to use it for your 4ch install

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.