new head in 01 chevy express w factory bose

Participant count
  • Participant list

bigzdog

I am looking to replace the head unit of my 01 Chevrolet Express that has factory Bose system.

I would like to replace it with a unit with usb/sd/aux input...cd/tape not neccessary.

Does anyone know what I will need to do to accomplish this? I had replaced the head of my 89 plymouth acclaim and it was as simple as unplugging the old one and attaching the wiring harness and faceplate, but this Bose system has me unsure of what i need to do.

I saw the pics of a corvette with a replaced head and factory bose and saw that it doesnt fit perfectly, which is fine. I was more concerned of having the right power to run the bose system over the standard speakers.

Thanks

It is a factory conversion van. 01-02 had a 1500 LT line that came with factory bose, dual 7'' monitors W VCP, wireless headphones. So it is a conversion van but it never left the factory. Here is a little about it.

I was also ***uming the Van would use about the same hardware as other Chevy vehicles at the time, so could I look for things that are compatible with the suburban or yukon?

Does the front cd player work independently from the rear system? Meaning do the rear monitors have a sepperate dvd or vcr? Also, when you play the front cd player does it play through the rear speakers also?

It can work independently, in that the front speakers can play the stereo while the rear is watching video. If the stereo is off then the only rear speakers play the audio coming from the video. If the stereo is on, the front speakers play the stereo and the rear speakers are disabled when watching video.

cd player will play through all speakers if the monitors are off.

Honestly it can get complicated in thbis set up possibly...id take it to a shop and have them do it. I would have to see the set up and test a fedw things to integrate the bose system.

thanks for your ideas on this.

I was concerned it would get complicated, which is why i was hoping someone on here had some experience on what would be involved. I am pretty comfortable with testing when I finally get around to doing this job but what i really did not want to do is blow out the speakers with too much / not enough power.

I had a 2006 Express and I had to take a good chunk of the dash off and cut a ton of metal inside the dash to fit a double din. So just stay away from those unless you feel like putting some work into it.

Speakers will be fine, power isn't the issue since u will still be using the bose amp anyway. You should integrate the bose system honestly. They don't soounds that bad.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.