2 amps on one battery?

Participant count
  • Participants list

beartoe

I have a 2010 ford focus with a 900 watt amp punching two comp 12s and I have an extra amp that is 760 watts. Would it be safe to add the extra amp to the battery with the 900 watt amp or would I need another battery or dist block. Any help, tips, or info for the future would be greatly appreciated

You should be fine.

Most people don't pull anywhere near rated power. I have three 1000 watt amps on one battery, combined they never pull more than 80 amps when playing music.

Your concern should really be your alternators output rating not the number of battery's.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Additinally, no need to reference "max" anything as those specs are useless. Most of know how to look at specs for a given speaker, amp, HU, etc...
Hello all. Used to come on these forum quite a bit. I used to compete in IASCA MECA etc. and placed 1st 2x with this setup. Anyway this is my baby...
You don't need two amps. The speakers come with crossovers to help protect the tweeters.
Perhaps you changed something without mentioning it here? Maybe a loose turn on line? I dunno man...but we'll take it. Hopefully it keeps working. 👍
No doubt, was just thinking of that when i was mulling getting one of these. https://blackbrickaudio.com/products/100-watt-4-channel-amplifier

About this thread

beartoe

beartoe
Baton Rouge,LA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Roland