2 Alpine Type R 15 Getting hot

Participant count
  • Participant list

Chov1ch

Rijeka
So.. I had one Alpine type R 15 (4 ohm dvc) in 4cuft box(32hz tune) on Hifonics brutus bxi6000d (2kw on 2ohm) with 0 gauge wire, 75a alt, 2x 55ah batteries and it was working like a charm.. subwoofer was moving 15-20mm in one way no smell and he was cool.. and now I put another Type R 15 so two alpines wired to 1 ohm (3kw on 1ohm) and subwoofers are not moving even 8mm in one way but getting hot.. do you know where could be problem? My lights are not dimming so I think electrical is good enoguh. what you think?

Sounds like you're out of power overdriving the amp and overheating the voicecoils. Have you measured voltage at the amp when you're driving it hard? Have a beefy ground?

-Eric

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.