Upgrading to 2 15s

I've used my sa 12s d2 for quite awhile now and I want an upgrade, I know upgrading to sa 15s would be a huge upgrade but I want to know if there's any better subs for around the same price.

The only problem I'm going to run into is fitting the box in my trunk, I have a 2008 Ford Focus. I can barley fit my QBomb Xtralarge box into it (36 x 22.5 x 14.2 inches), 4 cubes. I have no room to go horizontal but I can go vertical. The amp I run is a Skar Skv2 2500.

Go with dc level 4s, they work in 3 cubes each. Youll have to take the spare tire out and do a trunk wall building the box inside the trunk.

Sa 15s would want closer to 3.5 cubes each which you wont have room for.

Not really enough power for Level 4's. They like about 2k each (rated for 1400 ea). Level 3's would probably be a better fit for that amp. Regardless they'll need 3 cubes each.

I've used my sa 12s d2 for quite awhile now and I want an upgrade, I know upgrading to sa 15s would be a huge upgrade but I want to know if there's any better subs for around the same price.The only problem I'm going to run into is fitting the box in my trunk, I have a 2008 Ford Focus. I can barley fit my QBomb Xtralarge box into it (36 x 22.5 x 14.2 inches), 4 cubes. I have no room to go horizontal but I can go vertical. The amp I run is a Skar Skv2 2500.
Not sure what size box FU sub need but worth looking at.. also whats the width and length of port on your box? never mind i found it., u know that box is tuned to like 46 hz after sub disp right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not really enough power for Level 4's. They like about 2k each (rated for 1400 ea). Level 3's would probably be a better fit for that amp. Regardless they'll need 3 cubes each.
power handling wise level 4s can handle more however both subs in the same optimal enclosure for the input power used, the level 4s will be louder on the same power and leave room to upgrade since looks like OP is going down the path of destruction. Its a huge jump from level 3s to level 4s quality wise and motorforce/efficiency wise. Level 3s dont really impress all too well imo.

Not sure what size box FU sub need but worth looking at.. also whats the width and length of port on your box? never mind i found it., u know that box is tuned to like 46 hz after sub disp right?
I've noticed that but I haven't been able to talk to anyone that could build me a box, if I did though would it be a huge increase in loudness?

I've noticed that but I haven't been able to talk to anyone that could build me a box, if I did though would it be a huge increase in loudness?
the biggest increase if you do it right. However Sounds like its not possible at all for you since popwarhomie has focus and says its not possible. As in you can try it but you will be wasting your time and money and not get any louder. Just get beefier 12s and more power.

be deeper and bass would be more clear dont know about louder., if u could do box a little taller (u said) and make port longer., nothing else it sound better if still not loud enough u could get different subs and u have better tuned box to put the in., since u used to 46 hz just try for 38 maybe..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.