(2) 4 ohm 10 inch JL subs to 1500 watt mono amp @ 4 ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

TeeRay

Wussup everybody, I have a hifonics 1500 watt amp which puts out 500 watts @ 4 ohms that I bought awhile ago, my 12 inch pioneer blew on me, so I thought about getting two 10 inch JL audio 10's 4 ohm (75-300) watts a piece. I was wondering could i wire them to share the 500 watts? (250 watts to each sub)? The amp has two inputs (2 positives and 2 negatives). Thank you in advance!

It would help if we had model numbers.

I'm GUESSING you have the hfi1500d and you're looking at 10w1v3-4's.

If that's the case - yes, they'll work well with that amp.

You can wire the svc 4's parallel for 2 ohms. The amp is "rated" for 1000w at that impedance, but its actual output is quite a bit less than that -- probably in the 700w range.

Keep the bass boost off and set the gain a bit on the low side and it will be a good match.

The amp has two physical outputs, but it is still just one channel. A lot of mono amps are set up that way because it is common to need to run more than one speaker lead.

You can connect one of the 4 ohm subs to each output (a parallel connection) giving you 2 ohms at the amp.

It would help if we had model numbers.
I'm GUESSING you have the hfi1500d and you're looking at 10w1v3-4's.

If that's the case - yes, they'll work well with that amp.

You can wire the svc 4's parallel for 2 ohms. The amp is "rated" for 1000w at that impedance, but its actual output is quite a bit less than that -- probably in the 700w range.

Keep the bass boost off and set the gain a bit on the low side and it will be a good match.

The amp has two physical outputs, but it is still just one channel. A lot of mono amps are set up that way because it is common to need to run more than one speaker lead.

You can connect one of the 4 ohm subs to each output (a parallel connection) giving you 2 ohms at the amp.
Aw my bad bro lol yeah I have that amp: http://www.amazon.com/Hifonics-Hfi1500d-Watt-Block-Amplifier/dp/B003PSCBUQ but both subs are dvc: JL Audio 10W0v3-4 W0v3 Series 10" 4-ohm subwoofer at Crutchfield.com So I can't wire them to 4 ohms at the amp, so the subs can split the 500 watts, so I wouldn't be pushing it too hard? Also, I was just going to go with 2 Rockford Fosgate 12's Rockford Fosgate R2D4-12 Prime R2 Series 12" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils at Crutchfield.com My budget is kinda low. Thanks for the reply.

Same story with the w0's - they're SVC 4's so you could wire for 2 getting 300-350w per sub. That would work well.

The RF's being dvc 4's could be wired for 4.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.