2 15''s in a cobalt

so i can just leave the 4ga on the alt and just add the 0ga and that will work?
also thanks for clearing up the info on the batterys, since they are way cheaper how many should i get to go along with the 240amp alt?
2 and yes always leave the factory wire on ..just add the 0

Leave the factory wiring and add at least a single run of quality OFC 1/0 gauge. The AQ3500 requires a 380 amp fuse inline. KnuKonceptz OFC 1/0 is rated 375 amps for a 20' run.

Or even a single run of Sky High 2/0 OFC which is rated 700(?) amps for a 15 foot run and 500 amps for CCA.

I would also recommend Deka batteries over XS. Best bang for your buck with batteries IMO.

would 3 or 4 sa 12's be better than 2 beefy 12s plus if i get a 5k im most likely gonna need an alt and i dont want that ill deal with batterys though, because i can get 3 sa 12s cheaper than 2 beefy 12s and for another 200 get a 4th one remember im also on a budget so if someone has 3-4 sa 12s they want to get rid of pm me
you gonna have to have the same power for those 4 sa 12s as the 2 beefy ones... i got a mechman 260amp alt for chevy cobalt too! only had about a month of use on it...

with my money left after subs amp box materials im left with about 800 i could buy a new alt but do i have to change my alt wire my battery is in the trunk so i dont want to have to run the wire it has 4ga now would that be fine,
option two would be to upgrade starting battery's then add 2 extra batts
no, you just add to it!!! 0ga

Leave the factory wiring and add at least a single run of quality OFC 1/0 gauge. The AQ3500 requires a 380 amp fuse inline. KnuKonceptz OFC 1/0 is rated 375 amps for a 20' run.
Or even a single run of Sky High 2/0 OFC which is rated 700(?) amps for a 15 foot run and 500 amps for CCA.

I would also recommend Deka batteries over XS. Best bang for your buck with batteries IMO.
would i need 380 amp fuse inbetween my alt and bat? or just inbetween the amp and bat? i know you should fuse by the alt and by the battery since its such a long run but does it have to be a 380amp fuse since its not going directly to the amp? its going to the battery's in the trunk first then to the amp.

also my wire is rated 375 at 20ft but since my battery is in the trunk it would be 5ft at the most, would i need a 380amp fuse for both runs to the amp because it has dual inputs or can it be 2 190amp fuses on each pos wire?

you gonna have to have the same power for those 4 sa 12s as the 2 beefy ones... i got a mechman 260amp alt for chevy cobalt too! only had about a month of use on it...
are you selling the alt or are you saying it went to crap? haha if you are selling it im more than intrested but my cobalt is a 2010

would i need 380 amp fuse inbetween my alt and bat? or just inbetween the amp and bat? i know you should fuse by the alt and by the battery since its such a long run but does it have to be a 380amp fuse since its not going directly to the amp? its going to the battery's in the trunk first then to the amp.
also my wire is rated 375 at 20ft but since my battery is in the trunk it would be 5ft at the most, would i need a 380amp fuse for both runs to the amp because it has dual inputs or can it be 2 190amp fuses on each pos wire?
No u fuse for the wire capacity on all ...u can fuse each run at 300 and be fine...u can also use a g31 size in place of the factory size and add 2 g31s

No u fuse for the wire capacity on all ...u can fuse each run at 300 and be fine...u can also use a g31 size in place of the factory size and add 2 g31s
okay im sorry to make you do this but with me being still very new to all this can you explain the fuseing for everthing i would need also what are "g31" is that the battery?

okay im sorry to make you do this but with me being still very new to all this can you explain the fuseing for everthing i would need also what are "g31" is that the battery?
Everywhere u have 0 gauge use a 300 fuse its easy to remember ..and g31 is a battery size "group 31" u can buy 3 and be good..they are 179 bux each vs the 370 or so for a xs d3100

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Its no big deal im glad ur asking questions and trying to learn versus thinking u know alot like most newbs

so i can just leave the 4ga on the alt and just add the 0ga and that will work?
also thanks for clearing up the info on the batterys, since they are way cheaper how many should i get to go along with the 240amp alt?
Yes just add to the 4 gauge

Everywhere u have 0 gauge use a 300 fuse its easy to remember ..and g31 is a battery size "group 31" u can buy 3 and be good..they are 179 bux each vs the 370 or so for a xs d3100 

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Its no big deal im glad ur asking questions and trying to learn versus thinking u know alot like most newbs
ill be the first one to tell you i have no idea what im talking about when it comes to these high end systems haha im just trying to learn about it so i can install everything myself since im on a budget.

now about the battery's where do you find them for that price?

ill be the first one to tell you i have no idea what im talking about when it comes to these high end systems haha im just trying to learn about it so i can install everything myself since im on a budget.
now about the battery's where do you find them for that price?
Only place that sells them is sams club

okay i have one locally thanks for all the help!! looks like this is the final route im going 3 hds3's on an aq3500!! cant wait i hope it pounds way better than what i have!

[quote name='skippy90210']okay i have one locally thanks for all the help!! looks like this is the final route im going 3 hds3's on an aq3500!! cant wait i hope it pounds way better than what i have![/QUOTE]

U have no idea what ur in for ...just make sure u get someone to design u a nice custom box ..i suggest @Buck; he does all mine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skippy90210

10+ year member
skippy90210
ramey, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from