2 15''s in a cobalt

i will run extra batts though i said i didnt want to get a bigger alt i never said about not doing battery's, so what you're recommending is 3 hds3 12's on a sq3500? that sound like a decent plan to me.

i will run extra batts though i said i didnt want to get a bigger alt i never said about not doing battery's, so what you're recommending is 3 hds3 12's on a sq3500? that sound like a decent plan to me.
Yea thats a solid setup but it wont work on a stock alt very long at all

Yea thats a solid setup but it wont work on a stock alt very long at all
with my money left after subs amp box materials im left with about 800 i could buy a new alt but do i have to change my alt wire my battery is in the trunk so i dont want to have to run the wire it has 4ga now would that be fine,

option two would be to upgrade starting battery's then add 2 extra batts

with my money left after subs amp box materials im left with about 800 i could buy a new alt but do i have to change my alt wire my battery is in the trunk so i dont want to have to run the wire it has 4ga now would that be fine,
option two would be to upgrade starting battery's then add 2 extra batts
U need 2 runs of pos and 2 runs of neg 0ga for that amp at least ..4 ga is not even close

okay im going to sum up everything as if i had it in my car right now and you can tell me if it will be proper

3 hds 3's

1 sq3500d

knukoncepts 0 ga wire

xs power starting battery(biggest i can fit) then 1 or 2 extra xs batts

mechman 240a alt

when i said 4ga wire thats how big my stock alternator wire is my power wire is 0ga already

okay im going to sum up everything as if i had it in my car right now and you can tell me if it will be proper
3 hds 3's

1 sq3500d

knukoncepts 0 ga wire

mechman 240a alt

when i said 4ga wire thats how big my stock alternator wire is my power wire is 0ga already
Ditch the xs batts for duracell and save 600 bux

3 hds 3's

1 sq3500d

knukoncepts 0 ga wire

mechman 240a alt

We know that you nene two runs going from your alt to your positive battery and two run of negitive battery to chassis and two runs engine/alt ground to your chassis.

We know that you nene two runs going from your alt to your positive battery and two run of negitive battery to chassis and two runs engine/alt ground to your chassis.
so i absolutly have to run 2 runs of 0 ga from my alt to my battery? one wouldnt be enough? i can see how i need 2 from the bat to amp and 2 ground

so i absolutly have to run 2 runs of 0 ga from my alt to my battery? one wouldnt be enough? i can see how i need 2 from the bat to amp and 2 ground
- Add 1 good OFC run of 0 ga. from your alt to your vehicle batt for better charging.
what do you mean duracell? do they make car audio batterys? if they do i never heard of em
Duracell AGM batts can be found at most Sams club / Costco / Ect. locations - Diehard Platinum is also good AGM type of battery. All he is sayin is XS batts are super expensive... You can get the job done a lot cheaper with off the shelf AGM batts you should be able to find locally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Add 1 good OFC run of 0 ga. from your alt to your vehicle batt for better charging.
Duracell AGM batts can be found at most Sams club / Costco / Ect. locations - Diehard Platinum is also good AGM type of battery. All he is sayin is XS batts are super expensive... You can get the job done a lot cheaper with off the shelf AGM batts you should be able to find locally //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
so i can just leave the 4ga on the alt and just add the 0ga and that will work?

also thanks for clearing up the info on the batterys, since they are way cheaper how many should i get to go along with the 240amp alt?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skippy90210

10+ year member
skippy90210
ramey, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from