Enclosure suggestion for max output

Participant count
  • Participant list

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
I currently just purchased a DB Drive WDX 12 5k.

The current box i put this in was originally for a older orion hcca 12d and the measurements are:

Box size: 34" wide x 15.5" deep x 14" high

2.5^3 of airspace tuned to 33 hz

Now this sub is literally over powering the box with only 1500 watts which the suggested ported size is:

Ported : 3.4 Cu. Ft / 96.27L

I plan to purchase a second one, but when i create the new box is it better to keep all the inside rounded to allow air to flow?

What exactly does "overpowering the box" mean?

Rounding anything inside the box will help air flow, but you may not notice a difference if you have enough port area anyway.

It would be helpful to know what you mean by "overpowering the box".

I assume you mean there is vent noise and if that's the case, you don't have enough port area. As for rounding internal surfaces, none of that will make any appreciable difference other than the port itself being flared.

Haha have you ever seen mdf wood expand by very little?

The pressure of the air being pushed makes the wood expand from the top of the box in a very small bulgeing look.

The box has never been wet or damaged also.

And yes there is some port noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.