2 15''s in a cobalt

this had to be sealed in the littlest sealed box you ever seen... and all facing up ... i own the car... four 12s barely fit facing up in 1.25cu sealed boxes... and the only way to put a 15 in trunk is through the back other wise trunk clearance is on like 14..
nope, ported. and it did mid 50's

this had to be sealed in the littlest sealed box you ever seen... and all facing up ... i own the car... four 12s barely fit facing up in 1.25cu sealed boxes... and the only way to put a 15 in trunk is through the back other wise trunk clearance is on like 14..
if you still dont believe me... LOL

If the battery is in the spare tire well you could pull everything out of there and use the extra airspace for your enclosure. Relocate the battery in the trunk to a more accessible spot. Fiberglass would be your friend if your trying to to get as much space as possible.

If the battery is in the spare tire well you could pull everything out of there and use the extra airspace for your enclosure. Relocate the battery in the trunk to a more accessible spot. Fiberglass would be your friend if your trying to to get as much space as possible.
Not a bad idea if you want to put the work in. You could easily put a battery both sides behind the wheel wells.

Not a bad idea if you want to put the work in. You could easily put a battery both sides behind the wheel wells.
Fiberglass isn't nearly as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. The difficulty comes in finishing it (i.e. giving it that mirror smooth polished look) but if it's an interior wall that isn't going to be seen it doesn't need finished, it can be left rough which cuts the majority of the work out. Laying the mat is easy.

Fiberglass isn't nearly as difficult as everyone makes it out to be. The difficulty comes in finishing it (i.e. giving it that mirror smooth polished look) but if it's an interior wall that isn't going to be seen it doesn't need finished, it can be left rough which cuts the majority of the work out. Laying the mat is easy.
O I know still work tho and ppl are lazy

I just have a hard time giving up my 4 really beefy 8s for 2 12s. and since 12s and 15s arnt much different in price its hard for me to want the 12s you know because my 4 8s do hit pretty good I just want more lows. right now certain songs give me a little bit of window flex and makes my windshield wipers move. I just don't want to go through all this hassle get 2 12s and not be as loud
2 12s has more cone area than the 8s, and you can get really beefy 12s. your logic of thinking is kind of flawed with wanting to get the 15s because they dont cost much more and are larger. given the constraints you have with your build 2 12s will be easier to get louder

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

skippy90210

10+ year member
skippy90210
ramey, PA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from