2 15 kickers or a DC XL. which is better for me?

So I will be getting either a 97 z71 or a jeep wrangler within the next month or so. Now I had planned to put a 15" DC XL in it. Total will cost around $2k with a alternator. Now a couple days ago I heard a friends 2 15" CVRs and loved it. But I want a bit deeper than the CVRs. They where in a premade box. The DC would be in a custom box at 33Hz. Now I thought about it. My friend got her CVRs box and amp for $380. And I can get 2 15" CVXs for like 800. Then a custom box for maybe 100 if I build it. Anyway I love loud bass. With the CVRs on about 75% that's about where I like it just deeper. Which would be better for me? I mean if the DC is really worth $2k then I guess I can do that but 800 for 2 15s sounds a lot better than 2000 for one.

If your running the same power than you will need an alt still, that has nothing to do wit the sub you're running. If you want loud than get two 15's not kickers tho. I had two l7 15's and it was nice but for the money I would suggest something else.

So what kind of power do you have for subs?

I don't have a amp at this point. A Cresendo 2250 on the DC and a Kicker I'm not sure on the CVXs. Not sure that I wanna do a 21" cause I listen to a lot of dubstep and trap so I don't need just a deep fart machine lol I think the kicker amp is a 2500ish? It's around there. And I'm fine with putting a alt on it but 800 just for subs amp wiring and all or 1800.

If that makes any sense whatsoever. I want loud but don't need ear drum busting loud. Some windshield flex would be cool (just a tad flex though). I just want a good bangin system for less then half what it costs for the vehicle lol

If that makes any sense whatsoever. I want loud but don't need ear drum busting loud. Some windshield flex would be cool (just a tad flex though). I just want a good bangin system for less then half what it costs for the vehicle lol
Your buddies Kickers would've dug lower and sounded better in a custom box. I like the CVR's. And around Tulsa you can get a pair of 15's off CL for around 120 bucks now. A lot of people rag on Kicker and sure better can be had, but they are a good budget sub and get decently loud with not a lot of wattage. 2 15" CVR's on a decent 1000 watt amp in a good custom box will probably do the job. You're going to need at least 8 cubes though. The Kickers do not like small enclosures.

Op I have a 97 z71 now. And I can help you out with what you wanna do with suggestions for subs alt batteries amps. Everything. Look at my sig it says what I'm running now in my truck

I don't have a amp at this point. A Cresendo 2250 on the DC and a Kicker I'm not sure on the CVXs. Not sure that I wanna do a 21" cause I listen to a lot of dubstep and trap so I don't need just a deep fart machine lol I think the kicker amp is a 2500ish? It's around there. And I'm fine with putting a alt on it but 800 just for subs amp wiring and all or 1800.
if you think 21s are only for lows, your sadly mistaken, the box determines if its a fart machine or not, i've heard 8s that were low low fart machines before and i've heard 18s with tight and punchy bass. A 21 would be easy to build a box for and you would have as much cone area as 2 15s and keep your power limit pretty low. Main thing here is to get a good design for any of your subs you get.

Here is the death penalty 21 in action with some dubstep on only 400 watts rms

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.