2 12s vs 4 12s???

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm new on here, and I'm loving the site, but I have a problem and was wondering if you guys could help me out, I have decided to upgrade my system, currently I have 2 db drive k5s in a 4.5 cubic ft enclosure powered by a 2400rms db drive amp, they are rated at 750rms each but I'm pushing them close to 900rms each,they are loud and sound good, the one con if any is that they dont hit the low bass good like my friends hcca orions. I hit a 141.5 with this setup in a 2000 crown victoria, with has a huge trunk. My question is should I get two more of the k5 12s and another 2400 amp and have 4 12s in a 8.5 cubic ft box, each sub would have a little more than 2 cubic ft, or get 2 12" American bass HD 12s on two of the same db drive amps. The AB HDs are rated at 1500rms each but people tell me they will take 2000rms each easily, I would have them in a 9 cubic ft enclosure. I already have an upgraded altenator, extra battery, and 0ga wiring. I'm looking for which setup would be the loudest, best sounding, and produce the most sound pressure, to compete with my buddy's orions without copying him. I'm around $700-$800 budget range on the subs, but I got a guy who can get me 2 AB HD 12s for $600 I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts.

It depends on your box tuning, whats it tuned at? 30-33 for the low lows man. Also 9 cubes for 2 12's is OVERKILL and would probably damage the suspension

The 4 12 box would be tuned at 38hz, and the 2 12 box would be at 32hz. Yea that's alotta airspace, but for my experience with crown vics, boxes made for the trunk specs sound better and gets louder than ones made for to the subwoofer's specs. And I already upgraded my suspension because I had an 8 cubic ft box in there before.

I'm new on here, and I'm loving the site, but I have a problem and was wondering if you guys could help me out, I have decided to upgrade my system, currently I have 2 db drive k5s in a 4.5 cubic ft enclosure powered by a 2400rms db drive amp, they are rated at 750rms each but I'm pushing them close to 900rms each,they are loud and sound good, the one con if any is that they dont hit the low bass good like my friends hcca orions. I hit a 141.5 with this setup in a 2000 crown victoria, with has a huge trunk. My question is should I get two more of the k5 12s and another 2400 amp and have 4 12s in a 8.5 cubic ft box, each sub would have a little more than 2 cubic ft, or get 2 12" American bass HD 12s on two of the same db drive amps. The AB HDs are rated at 1500rms each but people tell me they will take 2000rms each easily, I would have them in a 9 cubic ft enclosure. I already have an upgraded altenator, extra battery, and 0ga wiring. I'm looking for which setup would be the loudest, best sounding, and produce the most sound pressure, to compete with my buddy's orions without copying him. I'm around $700-$800 budget range on the subs, but I got a guy who can get me 2 AB HD 12s for $600 I would like to hear your opinions and thoughts.
i got 2 dd3512.s for sale 440 shipped if u pay paypal fees ..they will take 2000 all day..i had them hooked up to a aq3500.1

The 4 12 box would be tuned at 38hz, and the 2 12 box would be at 32hz. Yea that's alotta airspace, but for my experience with crown vics, boxes made for the trunk specs sound better and gets louder than ones made for to the subwoofer's specs. And I already upgraded my suspension because I had an 8 cubic ft box in there before.
No no, the suspension of the subs, ya know the spiders. I would not recommend 9 cubes for 2 12s

[quote name='ThatChevyGuy']No no, the suspension of the subs, ya know the spiders. I would not recommend 9 cubes for 2 12s[/QUOTE]

I had the dd.s in 5 cubes with 76" of port and it moves a ton of air in my impala. @crownvicboy00 ; i got a video of these subs in action if u wana check em out

Yea that's true, but I had a box custom built to my db specs and they sound a lot better and louder in the box I have now that has about 1.5 more cubic ft of airspace than they recommend. But I have only heard Gud things about dd subs.

Yea that's true, but I had a box custom built to my db specs and they sound a lot better and louder in the box I have now that has about 1.5 more cubic ft of airspace than they recommend. But I have only heard Gud things about dd subs.
Yea i like them alot i jus did a all aq build so i replaced them with hdc4.s theres a for sale thread with pics of them on here ..lemme know if ur interessted later

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.