2 12" beginner setup?

bassin'96
10+ year member

Hi! i recently have been doin an install on a 2001 Saturn SC2 3 door. It's for my little cousin and he wants 2 12" subs from either: FI, DC, DD, Soundstream, Kicker, or Rockford. He's got about $1000 for a headunit, mids and highs, and the subs. He wants your guys input on this instead of just mine. he's gonna be getting loud for 2000 watts. he doesn't wanna do too much for electrical. He says that he doesn't have to get the mids and highs right now tho. Thats all of his rules to this.

What would be his ideal set up?

If he wants to run 2k in that car, he will have to upgrade electrical. IIRC those alts are only 90amps.
agree ,tell him to get an extra battery ,if he doesn't want to get a better alt yet,but he will have to sooner or later if he's gonna run 2k. also we need to know what he wants from his system so we can help you better.i.e. just lots of bass , sq what?

He said it could be in the 1500~ range he wants to be super loud while bassin, but still wants soundquality at a lower volume for other genre's like rock and metal.

its going in a trunk. he does not have an amp. he's going for recommendations, what sub SYSTEM (2 12" and amp) should he get from the brands above?

I would run two SA-12"s or two Obsidian 12"s with a MB Quart ONX1500.1D for power. Head unit wise, I would look into the Kenwood Excelon line. Great head units for the money. Mids and highs, I would check out Image Dynamics CTX65CS. This is just my personal opinion and what I would do.

Haha ok...then don't ask for others' opinions and figure things out for yourselves. I would get a set of Fi BTL's, DC Level 5's, or DD Z's and make sure to get dual 2ohm so you can run your amp 2000watt amp at .5ohms. Should have some siick flex brah!

also can look at dc ,ascendant for subs..tell him 2 dc level 3 12's and a dc 1.2 amp.the subs dual 2 so he can run the amp at .5 should get about 1600 rms,very stout amp and subs.also the kenwood is a good choice for a deck ,but i have found that alot of the kw decks are't very user friendly.he also may want to get a amp for the mids and highs , as for comps id's are nice and the price reflects that.you still need wire ,get 0 gauge then you dont have to mess with it ever.make sure you get enough for the big 3 too.he may have to bump his budget up a little tho.if he is interested in the dc products give me a pm and i can give you prices.can also help with components,and pretty much everything if he wants .all full warranties

I'm saying just from those brands he likes those ones. He's only 16 just got the car so go easy on him he's a !noob! lol, and thanks mylows10

jvc h.u **** balls, fyi. Tell your friend he needs to open his young mind up to other brands . To run that much power a big 3 upgrade and h.o alternator and a battery is a must and not an option, so he should take that into consideration as it will eat up alot of his budget. Also sound deading is something to think about.

Kenwood Excelon KDC-x994

Image Dynamics CTX65cs

PPI Art A300

(2) 12'' SSA Dcon

PPI Art A600

Knukonceptz 1/0 (big 3, power, ground)

Sound Deadener Showdown

I just found this setup using online pricing for right under $1,000. Everything brand new except the amplifiers. That is a complete system. Good luck beating that setup with the brands you're dead set on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nerd.gif.c6fa51ddf7ff75f1c0371fbc648f70ae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.