2 12" 1000wrms Type R's vs 1 15" Zcon...

Participant count
  • Participant list

noble brown

Senior VIP Member
A couple of years ago I dropped two swr12d2's into my Buick Lucerne. Hooked em up to a mtx81000 and ran w it. I thought the **** was loud. I knew i could get louder and I tried swapping to a15 a couple of times. A vvx and a xfl. The vvx blew with in minutes. Pure carelessness on my part. It couldn't compete w the two twelves. The xfl did alot better but was only just as loud. Then I shifted the motor and said **** it, put the twelves back in. Kinda have up on the idea of a single fifteen getting louder. Thought I'd give it one more shot. Went big. Intellectually I knew a monster fifteen would be louder but I just couldn't wrap my head around it. Dropped on a zcon and now I have a hard time wrapping my head around how loud it is. It is a world of difference. I know some people will be like, duh! But for me it's like a whole new world of car audio. I know what loud is now. I can only imagine 8 of these things or Mayhem's or something else in the same class. I actually fear for my car... That dude around town w two 15 mofos, talking about how loud his is, not even close. It's as close as a direct comparison as you can get. Same car same placement same amp. Zcon hands down. So if you're thinking about going from two twelves to one 15 and get louder it is possible you just gotta go b big. That three hundred dollar 15 won't cut it.

do you think its louder than my sony xplods? they are 1200 watts each so combined its like 2400 watts. more watts= more loud. my set up is louder than yours man. jk SSA makes some great stuff, love their line of subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.