2 10w6v3 and ported enclosure 500 bucks!

offer him 450 and use the money saved to buy a cheap audiopipe 1500.1 or ppi whaever amp you can find used. (just not hifonics)
or planet audio or boss or even mb quart or autotek (like i have, works fine but wish i'd got the ap or precision power instead)

Update! I will take the amp back to the store. Its under 30 days so i will trade it for a jl audio hd 600/4 and an hd 750/1 and get a 12w6. Unfortunately the price of this build just went up quite a bit

The 12w6 will be one sealed unit and will play a range of music between metal rock pop, rap, alternative w/e. But will be tuned for metal as it seems that is more picky especially for double bass and stuff. Close to an additional of 1500 dollars AFTER the return of the kicker amp

or planet audio or boss or even mb quart or autotek (like i have, works fine but wish i'd got the ap or precision power instead)
We're recommending boss, autotek and planet audio around here now. A better suggestion would be to sell the $1000 amp he already has and atleast buy a decent amp not some fleamarket crap.

uhm I draw the line at audiopoop bud. There's some things you just dont touch even with a 10 foot pole.

We're recommending boss, autotek and planet audio around here now. A better suggestion would be to sell the $1000 amp he already has and atleast buy a decent amp not some fleamarket crap.
except thats not just an amp, thats a full blown dsp. You'd be a complete retard if you completely sabotage your front stage just for a better sub amp.

Would definitely not do this.
I know its expensive and you can get more for less. But think of it this way. Here you are just starting out in the car audio world not much an idea what is good or bad other then what people say right? You go back and forth, back and forth and stuff that some like, others ALWAYS hate. But For arguement here lets say jl is to kicker as cadalacs are to chevy. You pay more for the name and alittle bit more reliability. But that peace of mind, for me, i think is worth paying extra for

I know its expensive and you can get more for less. But think of it this way. Here you are just starting out in the car audio world not much an idea what is good or bad other then what people say right? You go back and forth, back and forth and stuff that some like, others ALWAYS hate. But For arguement here lets say jl is to kicker as cadalacs are to chevy. You pay more for the name and alittle bit more reliability. But that peace of mind, for me, i think is worth paying extra for
just get the two w6 10s in the custom enclosure you found at the start and trade the IQ 5 in for the hd 600.4 and an hd 1200.1 instead. See if they can do that for you. w6 is fine used. I would never pay full retail. Thats no different then lubing up your butthole and tieing your self up on a swing face down @ss up and getting the ride of your life.

as a new guy not knowing anything, you tend to be easily persuaded by car toys salesman that dont know the first thing about car audio so its on you if you fall for their brainwash juju.

For reference around my area, a perfectly good working nice cosmetic condition JL 12w6 costs 125 to 180. 150 was the last one I saw and he was still getting low balled to hell.

There's other subs that directly easily compete with JL in terms of reliability, performance in both loudness and sound quality along with having a better warranty as well for 150 to 200$

just get the two w6 10s in the custom enclosure you found at the start and trade the IQ 5 in for the hd 600.4 and an hd 1200.1 instead. See if they can do that for you. w6 is fine used. I would never pay full retail. Thats no different then lubing up your butthole and tieing your self up on a swing face down @ss up and getting the ride of your life.
The 1200/1 is 1000 bucks. So regardless of what i do, 1500 to 2000 dollars spent appears to be the outcome. And only reason i considered the10s was for the price. Not because i thought they were the right speaker for me. But **** are those speakers a good deal

The 1200/1 is 1000 bucks. So regardless of what i do, 1500 to 2000 dollars spent appears to be the outcome. And only reason i considered the10s was for the price. Not because i thought they were the right speaker for me. But **** are those speakers a good deal
then dont go with JL period. There's much better amps for 400 that do more power and are every bit as reliable. You got money but you have no idea how to spend it.... with 1000 dollars you can have an amazing sounding setup sound quality competition ready as well. As long as you aren't dumb with your equipment, all gear should last years and years.

then dont go with JL period. There's much better amps for 400 that do more power and are every bit as reliable. You got money but you have no idea how to spend it.... with 1000 dollars you can have an amazing sounding setup sound quality competition ready as well. As long as you aren't dumb with your equipment, all gear should last years and years.
Its alpine or JL. I can only trade the amp if i get another one. It ***** yes. Do i get convinced by the sales team, perhaps alittle. But i want the JL amps because what i have heard about them and the sales team actually tried to steer me away. Like i said im exhausted and just rdy to pick. So one four channel pdx or JL and one JL and PDX mono block. Which is better? Let me know, maybe ill get those instead but im not buy and trade and sell kinda guy. I buy to keep

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.