2 10w6v3 and ported enclosure 500 bucks!

DarkKnightSM

Senior VIP Member
I got offered these subs but my kicker iq 1000.5 would only be able to run these subs at there lower reccomended wattage.View attachment 26556177

I really just want to start with a ported 12w6 but ill pay 550 just for one 12w6 not including having a box made. This seems like the perfect deal. Even though i listen to all sorts of music. Should i jump on this? They are selling it because a customer put half down but couldnt come up with the rest. So now its on sale for super cheap.

Oh btw these are brand new not used or broken in yet. I havnt heard them yet butnim sure they are good

These subs require 200-600w each. My amp can deliver 500 maybe 600 rms. Powering two of these guys would require 400 to 1200 watts recommended. According to the jl website

The amount of power required is the amount of power you need to reach YOUR output goal.

Don't get caught up in that.

It's a fair trade value wise but I wouldn't do it.

You need to use that amp and learn how to use it.

There is nothing like a well tuned DSP. Nothing.

The amount of power required is the amount of power you need to reach YOUR output goal. Don't get caught up in that.

Im a bit confused. I get the tuning aspect. That takes time to learn and I learn more everyday. My the duals im running, well the wood is starting to split on it and i seriously doubt the quality on duals. So either way im getting new subs. Like today, but want to get whats right for me and something i will grow into, not out of. Btw i always appreciate your posts as i learn more and more from each one

The amount of power required is the amount of power you need to reach YOUR output goal. Don't get caught up in that.

I don't think he's trading, they're for sale for $500 and he's gonna run them on the kicker amp. It's a good deal if that's the type of sound and output you're looking for and the kicker amp will push them just fine. Now if you're looking for lots of output you can do a lot better than that for $500 but you'll also need more power than what you have.

I think I jumped the gun saying it would power them fine without asking what the voice coil configuration on the subs is. So it will only be decent if you can wire to 2 ohms. All I can find is dual 4's which is only gonna get you about 250 watts out of that amp on the pair.

I don't think he's trading, they're for sale for $500 and he's gonna run them on the kicker amp. It's a good deal if that's the type of sound and output you're looking for and the kicker amp will push them just fine. Now if you're looking for lots of output you can do a lot better than that for $500 but you'll also need more power than what you have.
Absolutely! Yeah i played with the idea of buying two 1000.5 and using the second for rear deck and a second 12w6. But at that point were talking another 1-2 grand and im already 4 grand into this system. I think the value is good and as long as my system can push the 2 10s fairly descent ill stick with this setup for awhile. Keep the cost down until im rdy to upgrade and get the hang of tuning. Also need to figure out how to crimp 1/0 awg with just regular crimpers. Maybe solder?, lol. And yes i want to buy these subs to replace my 2 12" duals

I think I jumped the gun saying it would power them fine without asking what the voice coil configuration on the subs is. So it will only be decent if you can wire to 2 ohms. All I can find is dual 4's which is only gonna get you about 250 watts out of that amp on the pair.
From the jl website these are dual voice coils at 4 ohms. Make it two subs wired in parellel and you have 2 ohms. Which my sub handles 500w at 2, 250 at 4

2 dual 4's wires to 1 ohm (or 4), if they were single voice coil you could wire to 2.
Subwoofer Wiring Wizard & Diagrams | Rockford Fosgate®
Damnit! So just to be clear, a single sub, with a dual voice coil at 4ohms will never actually run at 4 ohms? Either 2 or 8 correct. Add two subs to the equation and your running at either 1 or 4 correct? Obviously dont want 4 or 1. I think it also changes if you run two different subs on two different amps. I keep reading on ohms and wiring them but its confusing still

Correct. You want to match up impedance to the ohm load your amp is stable down to for maximum output. Play around with that calculator and different coil subs to get a better idea of what does what.

Correct. You want to match up impedance to the ohm load your amp is stable down to for maximum output. Play around with that calculator and different coil subs to get a better idea of what does what.
Wow, everything in regards has finally clicked!! Unfortunately trying to relay this message to a car toys salemans seems rather difficult. He insists it will sound great in my car. Yeah maybe for alittle bit until either my amp or subs overheat due to insufficient wattage or unstable ohm load

Dude 1,000+ watt amps @ 1 ohm are cheap as hell.

Get the JL setup, I think you will be happy with it, it is 100x better than the garbage you have now.

If you need more power tons of options out there for $150 or so.

Yes that box will have a final load of 1 ohm.

Audiopipe

Skar

PPI

CAB

^^^ all of those are budget brands that will move the **** out of those JL's for not much $$

It's not an ideal match but would work as long as they were wired at 4 ohms but you're not really getting their full potential out of them. I wouldn't waste my money on them unless you're planning on finding a new amp. The subs aren't gonna be damaged by the lack of power as long as the gains are set properly and not cranked up to try to increase the output by clipping the signal.

just buy the subs and a $200 1200rms amp with sub sonic filter (online., ask us about it or u may buy a planet audio or something) (i only say that cause they are good subs and the box looks nice but we have no idea how well it's made or what it tuned to but it does sound like a fair sale since box is custom) let the kicker run highs.. if u ever get some one that wants to buy that 5 channel sell it and get a new 4 channel cheaper to replace it and that'll cover what u spent on the new sub amp..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.