2 10w6v3 and ported enclosure 500 bucks!

To be honest, ive never cared for live shows that much. Ive been to a few and the live performance is usually not as good as a studio recorded song. Dont get me wrong, the excitment and thrill of being at a live concert is unreal. But sad to say, i think i will always prefer studio recorded vs live. So when i keep asking this question and people answer, majority of opinions will be based off how live shows feel? Pooey
You don't get my point. Whatever you play will appear in front of you. You will see a band on your hood. Just like you are seeing from a few rows back. Everybody has a spot and there is space around that spot. If one person is in front of another you will see that.

Everything is real. Holographic.

If that's not what you want then it don't matter.

But that's what stereo imaging is.

The point is to be like you are at a live show. At a live show you hear more then you feel.For a SQ aspect the bass will come from where ever it is at a live show. Not behind you.

You can get that with it in the trunk or under the dash.
I know theres some car clubs in co springs, ill check facebook ot something and see if maybe i can check out other peoples setups. Im gonna have some time off so maybe i good idea before i commit to this seemingly foolish idea

Find a nice home theater place and see if they have a demo room. If they do get them to play some 2 channel music for you
Thats a good idea! I guess i just need a point of reference of what is considered real or stereo. Then can go from there in replicating that. Assuming i like it more then my own image of how music should sound. As someone stated earlier, i think im more of a loud and clear kinda guy then a sq guy at this point in time. I think once i hear true sq maybe ill never want to go back. Im hard headed as hell and have a very hard time listening to people. I tend to do my own thing which can definately have its downsides. Dont worry though, ill try my best to take your guys advice

Theres a home threater store right close by so ill go check em out

Thats a good idea! I guess i just need a point of reference of what is considered real or stereo. Then can go from there in replicating that. Assuming i like it more then my own image of how music should sound. As someone stated earlier, i think im more of a loud and clear kinda guy then a sq guy at this point in time. I think once i hear true sq maybe ill never want to go back. Im hard headed as hell and have a very hard time listening to people. I tend to do my own thing which can definately have its downsides. Dont worry though, ill try my best to take your guys advice
Theres a home threater store right close by so ill go check em out
Ask them to help you understand what a stereo image is when playing music.

So correct me if im wrong but the point of bass is to feel it correct? Not nessesarly hear it. Obviously with the amount of air being moved no matter what your gonna hear it. But from a sq point of view i am deadset on the idea of the sub being directly behind the driver and passenger seats, not in the trunk. The bass kicks me in the back and gives my music more of a 3d feel, as opposed to having it in the trunk. Granted i have zero sound dampening and my trunk rattles to hell when its back there, it just seems better, and less work on the sub to have it directly behind you. Ive never heard a fully sound deadened car before but it seems counter intuitive regardless of how much sound deaden is in the trunk. Again i want to feel the bass, no hear it, bounce off the rear of the trunk, or resonate from the whole vehicle. People keep saying if its in the cabin it cancels it self out or whatever. Somehow i highly doubt this. Honestly, whatever happens to the sound waves AFTER it passes me, why should i care. It doesnt drown out my front stage so with that being said, im thinking about pursueing the idea of going 3 subs and taking out my entire back seat and putting the subs there, facing the front. I think sealing off the trunk, however that may be accomplished, would be way better then fighting trunk rattle. I dont need my rear seat anyway. Im sure this has been beat to death but i am not convinced that trunk bass will ever be as good as cabin bass.
Edit: i should also note...

To do this right i would imagine i would have to completely take the bottom and back of the rear seat out, replace it with some sort of flat wood or metal wear the bottom and back of the seat used to be. Ensuring a complete seal off from the trunk entirely and that the subs had a firm, flat surface to rest on that would not absorb the base and lose part of the soundwave on the surface. This has got to be a sure fire way to perfect cabin bass.

Granted i will only ever be able to carry two people in the car, myself included. Its a sacrifice im willing to make. Id love to hear someones setup that has done something similiar
this is right up your alley if you are a trunk car.. Do a wall bud.

this is right up your alley if you are a trunk car.. Do a wall bud.

Haha, the look on that guys face was priceless. He really looked like he didnt like it and was gonna jump out any second. Then realized it was his car. That front speaker was so ghetto. I cant help but feel i can do alot better and alittle less extreme. Something more aesthetically pleasing but booming as well. To bad ill never want to show off my system playing rap. Id like to have a ******* system while showing it off with some Dimmu Borgir

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.