1999 Silverado Alpine Build

And for any of you curious ones, here is how she sits now... a few years later...

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0672.jpg

...And yes its a 2wd so I don't need to be bagged on for having 2wd, couldn't afford a 4x4 unfortunately.

Yeah a dmax would be too big for me to drive around the streets of orange county. Any need for one? Can't say I need one, but I have gotten good use out of it, has come in handy haulin stuff around, carrying things, the occasional trip off the highway, and I just enjoy driving a truck! I haven't ever been much for cars except sports and muscle cars.

Yeah a dmax would be too big for me to drive around the streets of orange county. Any need for one? Can't say I need one, but I have gotten good use out of it, has come in handy haulin stuff around, carrying things, the occasional trip off the highway, and I just enjoy driving a truck! I haven't ever been much for cars except sports and muscle cars.
Same here... but I have 2 besides my car so O well hahah

thats why you make them have to work to get it out not a box sitting under the seat!! my box has 12 bolts threw the back wall and 4 threw the floor and the subs have lag bolts holding them in ...so if they break in its not something they can grab real quick ..there is also tamper screws kinda like locking lug nuts you can get to hold the subs in and amps down

Yeah, I like the look of the stock grill with the billit more than the back grille, but I'm just to lazy to change it back. Thanks for the complements! And don't worry, I have plans to make it very very very difficult to remove from the car, and that definitely was the mistake I made with the last enclosure that I had, but I have some good tricks up my sleeve to keep that sucker in my car.

Oh and does anyone know if there are any good sub boxes for my truck for 2 12's, downfiring and under $100? Would it be cheaper/better to build my own?

If you have the tools, and can use them, do it yourself. This way, the box fits where you want, and is the size you need for the drivers you are using. Some generic "This box fits this place in this vehicle" box is not likely to have the proper size for your subs unless you are just lucky. Figure out the space they want/need and then see how to make that space fit the area you have under the seat. That can be done for under $100 in MDF/plywood and carpet.

All of my attachment point are behind stock panels. This give the seamless look of a stock piece and hopefully confuses a jackal if it ever comes to that. I'll likely use safety allen bolt when I bolt my sub in. What are the odds that even a well equip'ed jackal will have a set of those? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

So here's the dilemma I've come to, ordering a box or building one. Now I looked up type R's and the size that it recommends for sealed is .66cuft to 1.25cuft per sub. For ported it is 1.25 to 2cuft. Now I found a box online that fits under my seat that is 1 cuft and I found a box that is .9 cuft. On the manual for the type r's it says optimum volume is .9cuft, however I don't know what that is shooting for, sq or spl(not that type r's are spl subs, but you get what I'm saying). I know that I can build a box that probably is around 1.1-.1.2cuft per sub. Now what should I do? build it or buy one? Also what volume should I make sure to have?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.