1996 Ford Windstar, FU Audio & Sundown

I'm definitely a fan of the 750's, very fun subs to play with. When I get the chance I'll swap these out for a pair of their 1800's and run at 0.5.
where did you happen to find the specs for the subs? i couldnt find and box " recommendations" for any of them

750 specs:

KtELrGp.jpg

1800 specs:

5md7g7p.jpg

If you go to their website, fuaudio.com and then select the sub, there is an owners manual icon
never i got it lol... i just kept clicking around there to i hit the right spot

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

750 specs:
KtELrGp.jpg

1800 specs:

5md7g7p.jpg
damn it, it came up but just a blank screen.... Thanks though

I see you said you were having a fit problem with 6.5s? Are too deep to fit in the door? I and guessing I will have to do the same as you did to make any 6.5" fit. Particularly these ones?
2c0a1c75105ce6b55bed724dacf924c3.jpg

Ordered saturday the 14th, got on thursday the 25th
So after spending a few months with these subs, how do you like them?

I'm considering getting an 18" and putting ~900W on it. They're rated at 750W, but you've got 3KW on a pair and they're still okay? I'm just a bit skeptical - 18s under $200 taking double rated. What's the catch?

I also saw FU featured your video on their FB page. Congrats!

So after spending a few months with these subs, how do you like them?
I'm considering getting an 18" and putting ~900W on it. They're rated at 750W, but you've got 3KW on a pair and they're still okay? I'm just a bit skeptical - 18s under $200 taking double rated. What's the catch?

I also saw FU featured your video on their FB page. Congrats!
My box is way too small for them. I think it was 14-15 cubes I would gain quite a bit. The subs are good there really isn't too much of a catch with them. Baskets aren't the nice aluminum ones but they are rigid.

Yeah i'm pretty sure their subs need a much bigger box then manufacturer states. Tried putting my friend's FU 750 12 on my banda 7k at 4 ohms and that thing refused to bottom out in a 2 cubic feet box tuned to 33hz with lots of port area. Definitely can handle loads of power mechanically if its in the normal box size.

My box is way too small for them. I think it was 14-15 cubes I would gain quite a bit. The subs are good there really isn't too much of a catch with them. Baskets aren't the nice aluminum ones but they are rigid.
Yeah i'm pretty sure their subs need a much bigger box then manufacturer states. Tried putting my friend's FU 750 12 on my banda 7k at 4 ohms and that thing refused to bottom out in a 2 cubic feet box tuned to 33hz with lots of port area. Definitely can handle loads of power mechanically if its in the normal box size.
Thanks. If I get one of these I'll try to give it 7.5 cubes.

I'm also looking at the Sundown SA-18, which is apparently on sale for $200 right now. Normally it's like $320 and I wouldn't have considered it, but at that price point is it worth snatching up over one of these?

Thanks. If I get one of these I'll try to give it 7.5 cubes.
I'm also looking at the Sundown SA-18, which is apparently on sale for $200 right now. Normally it's like $320 and I wouldn't have considered it, but at that price point is it worth snatching up over one of these?
If you want a smaller enclosure then yeah. They work pretty decent in 6 cubes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.